• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Juliets

Tunney Prime

Oakley Expert
Brownsville, TX
So, I just picked up a pair of 1999 Juliets, x-metal frames with black iridium lenses. they were a display piece, and are in like-new condition. serial #J122184. Paid $300. I looked at the Vault in Monroe, OH and they have them same ones (newer model w/o serial) for $325. Are the serialized ones valuable enough to sell and pick up new ones w/o a serial for a profit, or should I just stick with what I have?

Juliet - X Metal - Black 04-110 originated from the late 1990's but remained available until early '06, so your serial into the 122 thousands is well into the life of the glass. The value will depend on the condition, if complete, box condition, and if the serial matches the label. The newer model without serial is one of the '09 releases, 04-146, in the revamped boxes, and was in circulation for a short time only, and likely fewer in number than it's earlier counterpart. With your choices I would personally opt for the pair in the best condition in it's completest form. Personally I have the 09 pair, which was a surprising struggle to find and had little, if any, retail presence in the UK.

The value a serial adds is relatively minor, maybe $20, but you'll see a lot of overlap on ebay so that even in the same condition a non serialed pair might go for more depending on the day.

$300 is alot even for serialed frames, unless they were the ichiro, finito, browns, x serial or such, that was too much to invest....

Back