• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Lens Quality Today

gizmo

Oakley Expert
Hungary
I use my glasses every day, including vintage pairs (Zeros, Trenchcoats, etc.). These lenses are still OK (UVA/UVB) today, or better to left them in a display tower?

Just this spring I replaced my gen 1 X-metal XX's original black iridium lenses and they were in great condition. The only reason why I replaced them was because Oakley was reselling X metal XX lenses. I would think that as long as you take good care of the lenses and glasses then they should be fine for continued use (blocking UVA and UVB) and could last for many more years of service too. One thing I would take into consideration also is that those styles are getting harder to find and you might be better off getting a newer style of glasses just because those might be hard to replace. Just my .02, hope this helps!

My pairs have the same "great condition" lenses at first sight... but I'll take some of them to an optician, test the UVA/UVB filter.

I have to say that the old'ns are the best'ns :)

Nothing is as clear or high def as an early mint pair of Zeros, any model! You can't even feel them on your head or over your eyes.

Back