• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Oakley Blades

dla901

Oakley Beginner
I'm in the market for a pair of vintage oakley blades and was wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for when buying? Also, do the lenses retain their impact resistant (ANSI Z 87.1) properties over time? I'm planning on actually using them.

The frames are brittle and known to crack. Perhaps you should try the "razor blade new" or "collectors razor blade"

Thank you for the feedback. Do you guys happen to know if the "razor blade new" or the "collectors razor blade" were ever sold with clear lenses? I also assume that the blade shape lens (not razor blade) was never re-released, correct?

According to the packaging on this vintage piece they do, but maybe it was added sometime after release?

hglBIg4.jpg

Thank you for the feedback. Do you guys happen to know if the "razor blade new" or the "collectors razor blade" were ever sold with clear lenses? I also assume that the blade shape lens (not razor blade) was never re-released, correct?

I think they did sell a clear replacement lense but not positive. Your beat bet would be to check ebay

Are you looking for clear lenses only?

Yep. I need a combination of clear lens (blade shape), black nosepiece and black frame + stems (straight or trigger shaped)

I think they did sell a clear replacement lense but not positive. Your beat bet would be to check ebay

They only ever re-released the razor blade lens shape not the regular blade, right?

Yep. I need a combination of clear lens (blade shape), black nosepiece and black frame + stems (straight or trigger shaped)

They only ever re-released the razor blade lens shape not the regular blade, right?

That is correct. Good luck.

Sent from nowhere special

Back