cnc6306

Oakley Beginner
i have like 15 pairs of vintage 80's oakley goggles . only one pair of them has a rubber rib like strip down the middle . was this to prevent the strap from sliding around on your helmet ? is this strap more rare than other straps ? or could this be a fake ? can anyone help with these questions ? i have posted the pictures with the strap with the rubber strip and one without it . thanks for any help :D .
001-17.jpg

002-9.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

oakleyguy7

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Chicago, IL
hmmm im not to familiar with googles but what i do know is there is the rubber on the new straps, and your right it is for keeping it on your helmet. might be possible that you got a newer strap since i know they did make some like throw back straps and stuff for googles. not really 100% sure though

cnc6306

Oakley Beginner
hey thanks for the info . i know they made newer straps to look like the older ones but i think the newer ones connect to the goggles differently than the older ones , not 100% sure . the strap with the rubber strip is exactly like all my other vintage ones . it slides through the goggles the same and the stitching is the same . thank you for the help .

cnc6306

Oakley Beginner
i finally figured out the difference between the 2 straps . the black strap with the ribbed inside rubber was made for the oakley h2o goggles . the straps and foam on the goggles were different . the h2o goggles had a more rubbery foam around the inside of the goggles and the straps had the rubber band on them . thanks for everyones input and hope this helps others .

boxxer

Oakley Beginner
The older goggles connected by pushing a white plastic Ø type buckle through the frame then pulling it back tight. Had loads of pairs of basic MX types for racing Downhill MTB’s with over the years - sometimes it has asingle strip and sometimes 3 strips depending on the goggle....

Nortika

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lafayette, Co
The older goggles connected by pushing a white plastic Ø type buckle through the frame then pulling it back tight. Had loads of pairs of basic MX types for racing Downhill MTB’s with over the years - sometimes it has asingle strip and sometimes 3 strips depending on the goggle....
8 years later, nice

New Threads