• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VINTAGE OAKLEY GOGGLE STRAP QUESTION , CAN YOU HELP ?

cnc6306

Oakley Beginner
i have like 15 pairs of vintage 80's oakley goggles . only one pair of them has a rubber rib like strip down the middle . was this to prevent the strap from sliding around on your helmet ? is this strap more rare than other straps ? or could this be a fake ? can anyone help with these questions ? i have posted the pictures with the strap with the rubber strip and one without it . thanks for any help :D .
001-17.jpg

002-9.jpg

hmmm im not to familiar with googles but what i do know is there is the rubber on the new straps, and your right it is for keeping it on your helmet. might be possible that you got a newer strap since i know they did make some like throw back straps and stuff for googles. not really 100% sure though

hey thanks for the info . i know they made newer straps to look like the older ones but i think the newer ones connect to the goggles differently than the older ones , not 100% sure . the strap with the rubber strip is exactly like all my other vintage ones . it slides through the goggles the same and the stitching is the same . thank you for the help .

i finally figured out the difference between the 2 straps . the black strap with the ribbed inside rubber was made for the oakley h2o goggles . the straps and foam on the goggles were different . the h2o goggles had a more rubbery foam around the inside of the goggles and the straps had the rubber band on them . thanks for everyones input and hope this helps others .

The older goggles connected by pushing a white plastic Ø type buckle through the frame then pulling it back tight. Had loads of pairs of basic MX types for racing Downhill MTB’s with over the years - sometimes it has asingle strip and sometimes 3 strips depending on the goggle....

The older goggles connected by pushing a white plastic Ø type buckle through the frame then pulling it back tight. Had loads of pairs of basic MX types for racing Downhill MTB’s with over the years - sometimes it has asingle strip and sometimes 3 strips depending on the goggle....

8 years later, nice

Back