• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage Valve lens questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert 🏄 😎🤙
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
I hope this is the right place. Nobody answered my intro thing. I bought some junker vintage Valves and fitted them with the best lenses I could find on Ebay. Those are Ikon polarized lenses on each of those Valves. So Couple questions. How are these Ikon lenses thought of here? Are there any better lenses available?
IMG_7543.jpeg
IMG_7544.jpeg
IMG_7546.jpeg
IMG_7547.jpeg
IMG_7549.jpeg

I did say pay for what you get. And I do see that Oakley lenses are the most expensive ones out there. And for my Juliets, its easy to get on Ebay. And In a way, I would like to stick to original stuff if possible. Perhaps I will upgrade my driving Valves. Thanks everyone for the input. Greatly appreciate it.

Ikon is certainly one of the best aftermarket lens companies ... Good looking frames
Beater frames. I have better ones of each stored in a drawer, with the original Oakley lenses. I tried to look for Linegear, but didn't find anything for Valve 1.0's. Probably don't need to worry about that now. Now that I'm learning about donor lenses, and guys like you, that can cut lenses. Something that never crossed my mind to do. Thank you all for all this info. It's a lot to digest.

Beater frames. I have better ones of each stored in a drawer, with the original Oakley lenses. I tried to look for Linegear, but didn't find anything for Valve 1.0's. Probably don't need to worry about that now. Now that I'm learning about donor lenses, and guys like you, that can cut lenses. Something that never crossed my mind to do. Thank you all for all this info. It's a lot to digest.
You are welcome. Message me anytime you have a project that you need to see materialize. I'll see what I can do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back