• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Vintage Zeros

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
depends on how bad it was scratched or peeling but overall i'd rather get scratched than peeling.

Def. peeling is terrible

If I had the cash I'd have bought the 0.1 and 0.2

Some people reacted to this post.
and is there any way at all (at home) to lessen the deep scratches or erase the light scratches (without affecting the coating of course). most zeroes are frameless and so the lenses are more prone to scratches and peeling.

Username Hidden said:
Def. peeling is terrible

yeah it's like cancer. keeps eating away. scratches are isolated for the most part.

Username Hidden said:
and is there any way at all (at home) to lessen the deep scratches or erase the light scratches (without affecting the coating of course). most zeroes are frameless and so the lenses are more prone to scratches and peeling.

there is no way to reverse the damage already done.. but with peeling, you can stop it spreading if you keep it absolutely clean.. soap off all the oils and dirt frequently, dont store it with oils still on there.

i am going to experiment with a clear coat repair pen, i will report the success/failure haha.

looking for a 0.3....

personally i wouldnt go for either as depending how bad the scratches are these could lead to peeling, then its downhill fast, but thats just my choice, id rather wait n go mint and pay more knowing the life in them is longer.

those 0.2 for 150 peeling i havnt seen a pic, but again i think thats high when many times this year excellent to mint pairs have been sold for around the 2-250 mark and its worth paying the extra, but its each to their own

i waited years for the zeros and im pleased to say i did and know i have the 0.1, 0.2, 0.2p. 0.3, 0.3p and 0.2 non release prototype (brush/persimmon)

its tough to say, but patience is they key and you will be alot happier......

Username Hidden said:
Just don't wait too long because the prices are sky rocketing......the more people get to collect oakleys, the less chance you can get them cheap...
Unless ofcourse you can find an owner who doesn't know much about oakleys....:wink:

Username Hidden said:
personally i wouldnt go for either as depending how bad the scratches are these could lead to peeling, then its downhill fast, but thats just my choice, id rather wait n go mint and pay more knowing the life in them is longer.

those 0.2 for 150 peeling i havnt seen a pic, but again i think thats high when many times this year excellent to mint pairs have been sold for around the 2-250 mark and its worth paying the extra, but its each to their own

i waited years for the zeros and im pleased to say i did and know i have the 0.1, 0.2, 0.2p. 0.3, 0.3p and 0.2 non release prototype (brush/persimmon)

Yea. I'm really looking for as close to mint as possible. I mean yea they might be wearable, but do I want to display a scratched up pair? Not really. I haven't seen any on Craigslist =[

i think the prices for the desirable zeros etc in mint condition have been high for several years already

i wouldnt want to display a scratched pair thats for sure

as im in the uk i dont use craigslist, sometimes gumtree lists some hidden gems but not very often and not of the vintage variety

i tend to find alot of my vintage stuff on forums like cycling/mtb as they often not 100% sure on what they have

Username Hidden said:
i think the prices for the desirable zeros etc in mint condition have been high for several years already

i wouldnt want to display a scratched pair thats for sure

as im in the uk i dont use craigslist, sometimes gumtree lists some hidden gems but not very often and not of the vintage variety

i tend to find alot of my vintage stuff on forums like cycling/mtb as they often not 100% sure on what they have

yeah zero prices have kinda stabilised in the upper market.. its quite a range form poor to good condition since parts are near irreplaceable so it affects value alot.