• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Vintage Zeros

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
i think your right

alot of people buy the beat up pairs for spares or repair flaws in their own pairs

prices i think have stabalised, but sometimes you get some one who REALLY wants a pair and will pay whatever it takes.

i sold my mint 0.3 couple of weeks ago for almost double what i was expecting, which was nice, but i guess people will pay for a mint pair if its hard to get hold of, and then several of my 0.6;s went for maiden bid when on another ebay site exactly the same colourways where going for alot more in poorer condition....its ups and down depending whos looking at the time.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
i think your right

alot of people buy the beat up pairs for spares or repair flaws in their own pairs

prices i think have stabalised, but sometimes you get some one who REALLY wants a pair and will pay whatever it takes.

i sold my mint 0.3 couple of weeks ago for almost double what i was expecting, which was nice, but i guess people will pay for a mint pair if its hard to get hold of, and then several of my 0.6;s went for maiden bid when on another ebay site exactly the same colourways where going for alot more in poorer condition....its ups and down depending whos looking at the time.

yup, beaters get to the point where they are just spare parts, and even then, its bloody hard working on them.
i just picked up a 0.4sq just for the hinges (for the wiresubzero project). the lenses came better than i expected, and the arms were average useable too. i still tore it apart but now i have spare bits. its how it goes i guess.

It's just such a value killer if they're scratched. It's one an done with zeros

Username Hidden said:
It's just such a value killer if they're scratched. It's one an done with zeros

yup aint it the truth. but makes it kinda fun

its drops the price not just on zeros but for everything, but it makes it a little tougher to swallow when its on a pair that doesnt become available very often...you end up asking yourself 'shall i get it, scratched is better than nothing'.....but you have to say to the devil 'good things come to those who wait!'.......

its like the same story for hinges on the ear stems on the blades set up.....get them with damaged hinges or not!

its what makes us collectors lol!

Still looking

I have some Cobalt 0.4 for sale with positive red lens. almost mint 9/10, The smallest little scratch on the lens near the nose piece isn't visible unless you look super hard. one of those "cleaning" scratches.

Username Hidden said:
I have some Cobalt 0.4 for sale with positive red lens. almost mint 9/10, The smallest little scratch on the lens near the nose piece isn't visible unless you look super hard. one of those "cleaning" scratches.

I saw. I'm more looking for older stuff. 0.2,0.3, subs, stuff like that

Username Hidden said:
I saw. I'm more looking for older stuff. 0.2,0.3, subs, stuff like that

yeah none of that "New 0.4/0.7 stuff.. them arms look funnyyy.

Username Hidden said:
yeah none of that "New 0.4/0.7 stuff.. them arms look funnyyy.

They def don't flow as well