• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading Violet Prizm Frogs for Blue iridium lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Mint set of frogs, Matte black frame with white letrering and Violet Prizm lenses, mf bag only. I got this a while ago and never used it, looking to trade for a set of mint oem blue iridium frog lenses. If you have a set let me know!

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Mint set of frogs, Matte black frame with white letrering and Violet Prizm lenses, mf bag only. I got this a while ago and never used it, looking to trade for a set of mint oem blue iridium frog lenses. If you have a set let me know!
So you're after the same Blue Ird as whats found in the Marina Fade frogskins? If so I should have a set of them, will check and let you know..

Username Hidden said:
So you're after the same Blue Ird as whats found in the Marina Fade frogskins? If so I should have a set of them, will check and let you know..
If you are talking about this one (check pic) then you are absolutely correct. Love the color on those lenses, let me know if you have them!

E7DDB296-FA61-4BB4-AFF1-B826A6660224.png

I have a few sets in custom frames. The blue irridum is damn close to old ice iridium. You probably know this but for an easier option maybe find yourself a set of ice? The 30th anniversary heritage collection had a pair in them. Those were a dime a dozen at the time. To kill a marine fade would be shameful lol. Cough cough. Not that I haven't or anything lol. Question though and this is how out of it I am with new frogs. Since when did they release a prizm violet? I knew the ruby and 24k prizm was out in frogs along with some other weird colours but I've not seen a violet prizm.

I just wanna add I have a set of blue iridium kickin in one of my school bus frames. Definitely a cool look..again though close to older ice iridium

Username Hidden said:
I have a few sets in custom frames. The blue irridum is damn close to old ice iridium. You probably know this but for an easier option maybe find yourself a set of ice? The 30th anniversary heritage collection had a pair in them. Those were a dime a dozen at the time. To kill a marine fade would be shameful lol. Cough cough. Not that I haven't or anything lol. Question though and this is how out of it I am with new frogs. Since when did they release a prizm violet? I knew the ruby and 24k prizm was out in frogs along with some other weird colours but I've not seen a violet prizm.

I just wanna add I have a set of blue iridium kickin in one of my school bus frames. Definitely a cool look..again though close to older ice iridium
Uh-Oh... I put some Ruby Ird into my Marines, sounds like I'm going to hell now 🤣 Mentioned the frame more as reference, since its one of the few examples I know for sure came with blue ird... and its the pair I use as comparative sample when I pick up any frogs with blue lens sets. As deciding on if it was blue or ice based on ird hues alone isn't easy, so instead I compare em if there's a noticable difference in the VLT darkness between em. As my understanding was the following;

Blue ird is about 20% (similar to +Red)
- blues tend to be a richer royal blue with some hints of purple - some versions would have a subtle Teal center (similar to teal found in Shallow Blue Polar)​
OG Ice is around 10% (like Black Ird).
- ice tends to be a deeper dark blue color with purple as dominant secondary color - never seen one with teal center?

Username Hidden said:

I think there was another frame not as cool as the Marine Fade which also came with blue iridium lenses (Aquatine or something like that), I wantes to buy one, but to ne honest I think the frame would’ve just been left to die in my shelf, that’s why I was searching for a trade
As for Violet Prizm, I think they came out around September last year officially (I got mine from BigRabbit a while back). To be honest I’m not a big fan of them, the see through tone is orangy and I liked the yellow one better (nothing bad with them, just personal choice). So I thought I could give a nice looking frame and lenses to someone who will enjoy it, and I’ll get those lovely blue iridium lenses

Username Hidden said:
I think there was another frame not as cool as the Marine Fade which also came with blue iridium lenses (Aquatine or something like that), I wantes to buy one, but to ne honest I think the frame would’ve just been left to die in my shelf, that’s why I was searching for a trade
As for Violet Prizm, I think they came out around September last year officially (I got mine from BigRabbit a while back). To be honest I’m not a big fan of them, the see through tone is orangy and I liked the yellow one better (nothing bad with them, just personal choice). So I thought I could give a nice looking frame and lenses to someone who will enjoy it, and I’ll get those lovely blue iridium lenses
Prizm violet has been on my want to check-out list, I'm a big fan of the regular violet with the amber fov. I thought prizm violet was similar to regular violet in the exterior color, but fov wise was more along the lines of prizm trail color - oversaturated orange? With that in mind, I thought for winter/snow these might be a nice tint to have, as most earlier goggle models used a persimmon base tint so I got use to orangish tints for snow. Although I've seen few examples so I might be totally wrong, in which case please let me know lol

I found my spare set of blues. I'd taken them out of another marine fade I had worn twice 20mins at time, I had carefully wiped them down each time to maintain the frame's finish. I'll have a look tonight/photos and pm you to see if they're up to par for what you're after ;)

Sounds like a plan my man, waiting on that pm!
Btw you are correct on the prizm violet, instead of the yellow tint in regular lenses, you get something closer to prizm trail. I personally like darker tones (violet’s yellow is my only exemption), that’s why I barely use them, it might be good to wear them during winter since there is less “intense” light and more overcast days, but here in Mexico we have either sunshine or rainy days, not many overcast days and definitely no snow :(

I went through my collection and found some more blue iridium pairs. Maybe these can be more attainable

The

Artisan blue from the summit series had em

Blue paul Smith

Acid blue tort(which surprised me actually)

The drop off from the Aquatique Collection

Soft touch skills

And of course the marine fade.

I dont think I missed any..

Did you find a set?