• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visionary Lenses - In Depth Review Part 2

I can't get good pics..any tips would be great..
1st thing is these things were hard to get in..ESP the right side the clip part didn't look right and I cut my hand up trying to get it in snd it doesen't seat exactly like left side...guess I might have file a bit off....Looking threw them is not like oakleys at all...I wish I just got Oakley purple:(....astheticly they look good.
20120430_215848.jpg

20120501_131309.jpg

20120501_131316.jpg

Ok...After trying the plasma purple vl lenses...I can say they suck...Exterior wise they look good..One lens would not fit right without alittle filing of the lips and before I filed these junks cause me to Knickthe frame...they were so hard getting in...Ok now looking threw them is notllike Oakley lenses...absolute garbage..clarity is not on par...and finally...just wiping them with the Oakley mf has cause scratches? Wtf they scratch so easily.... Worth saving 30 bux? Hell no....They offered to refund if I print out some form and mail it in...I don't
Have a printer...Service was there but I don't even plan on wais
ing time with refund...Anyone interested in plasma purple vl lenses for half jackets? Half price.:)

I also got some VL lenses i got the emerald green for my Monster dogs, i like the deep green mirror effect of the lenses they look sweet, they are kind of thin and when i was installing the lenses they scatched up my frames, around the lens is kind of a sharp feel maybe because they are more thin then the oakley lenses and last but not least they are kind of dark when you see out of them and not as clear as the oakley lenses, I would buy again for my beat up glasses this is how i grade them 1-10 10 being best.
VL lenses
looks - 10
vision - 6 to 7

I also got some VL lenses i got the emerald green for my Monster dogs, i like the deep green mirror effect of the lenses they look sweet, they are kind of thin and when i was installing the lenses they scatched up my frames, around the lens is kind of a sharp feel maybe because they are more thin then the oakley lenses and last but not least they are kind of dark when you see out of them and not as clear as the oakley lenses, I would buy again for my beat up glasses this is how i grade them 1-10 10 being best.
VL lenses
looks - 10

vision - 6 to 7

Yup...one dug into outside of lip on frame and put a ding...it's really small but still...Ok so u get ruined frames,scratches,clarity dropped...all for exterior color? I guess everyone is diff..but I view these junks are destructive as they ruined my frame ...You get what u pay for! Yes exterior purple looks great..eye candy for sure but it ends there!

Interesting to know that lenses to pop in scratch the frame. I bought a pair for my jawbones just to try them. They were running a sale for $10, so i figured why not?

I got the Silver Ice (black iridium) and i agree they are dark and the clarity is not on par with Oakley. The lenses are thinner, but i didn't get microscratches after cleaning with a microfiber bag. Maybe your bag was dirty? Since i got them for the jawbone, i didn't have to deal with popping them in/out. Even though they're thinner, they don't rattle inside the frame.

VL is a good alternative if you're after a certain look as long as you're willing to sacrifice clarity. I would say they're a decent buy if Oakley no longer makes lenses for your frame.

Interesting to know that lenses to pop in scratch the frame. I bought a pair for my jawbones just to try them. They were running a sale for $10, so i figured why not?

I got the liquid metal (black iridium) and i agree they are dark and the clarity is not on par with Oakley. The lenses are thinner, but i didn't get microscratches after cleaning with a microfiber bag. Maybe your bag was dirty? Since i got them for the jawbone, i didn't have to deal with popping them in/out. Even though they're thinner, they don't rattle inside the frame.

VL is a good alternative if you're after a certain look as long as you're willing to sacrifice clarity. I would say they're a decent buy if Oakley no longer makes lenses for your frame.
I Agree

I ordered a pair of the emerald green for my half jacket XLJ's, as others have said the do look real nice. I did find them a little harder to put in than the original lenses but not that bad.
I had no issues with them scratching the frames or anything. No the clarity is not up to the oakleys but not a lot are in my opinion. I found the clarity not to be that bad. Now these are not
my daily wearers i just wear these to the pool, beach etc.... and for $25 i think it was money well spent. I am taking a trip to the beach in a couple of weeks and they will get put the test then.
So overall i think they make a descent product but just requires a little care during initial installation. Hope this review helps others out there.

I am going to take a trip to the Oakley Vault while i am at the beach so hopefully an can come up on a sweet deal! Wish me luck!

Polarized Visionary lens on the left and authentic Oakley black iridium polarized on right. I personally do not like the clarity of the visionary lenses. They do look good in the frames

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the Silver Ice lense for my Ten(X) and have worn them for about a week and while the polarization isn't quite as strong as the OEM +Red Polarized, but they are definitely darker than the factory lens.

Overall I like them. Definitely a 10 in the looks department, maybe 8 in clarity and polarization.
I feel a lot better wearing these as an everyday set of lenses, they cost me exactly $16.99!

J.

Back