• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Visiting A Vault While On Vacation ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
While on vacation down here in Tennessee / North Carolina, I finally made some time - on an absolute Chamber of Commerce day - to make a trek over to the Oakley Vault in Sevierville, TN.

My first time ever in a Vault.

My bounty:
Fuel Cell - Team USA ( OO9096-55 )
Blender - Gloss Black / Emerald Iridium Polarized ( OO4059-13 )
Flak Jacket XJL Lens Replacement Kit - Ice Iridium ( 13-783 )
Silicon Bark Trucker 3.0 - ( 91872-762 )
MF Bags - 1 Turquoise'ish w/ "OAKLEY" & 1 Medium Blue

/rant
Lookin' at some clearance stuff near the entrance - too bad I do not rock the iPhone, iPad, etc., because I would have been hooked up like a mofo! - a guy come over to me, who ended up being the store manager, & started asking me about the X-Squared I was wearing ... basically a real nice dude trying to strike up a conversation because he was bored, ... very bored.

As I goes, he absolutely loved the work @MachineHead had done to them. Props, Mr. Customs. (inside joke)

Anyhow, ... having been in one O-Store & one Vault, & with all things being equal amongst each Store & each Vault, ... then, I have got to visit as MANY Vault's as I ever get an opportunity to do so.

So cool, so laid back ... felt no pressure to do a damn thing but chill versus going to my local Store at home which actually 4 miles from my home, where there is a lot of sales pushing & saying "Oh, ... if you like those (whatever you wore in), Oakley recommends these companion lenses.", or their opinion when saying a certain model goes well with another ... yeah, it gets weird there.

Eh, back to my visit. I was telling him how I have had these XM XS for like five or so days now & that I love 'em etc., & I work in the question "Hey, do you have any lenses or earsocks for these? I like to always keep a backup of nearly everything I have.". He said, "No, but I do have some stuff for Juliet's." So I just asked if they had any XM stuff in the back or anywhere. He said no, but that around two months ago they had gotten a shipment that had NINE X-Squared of all sorts of colorways! They were gone in a few days. I guess there is a lady who works nearby & stops in a few times a week & grabs everything for her son, ... the guy said like 75-80% of the "cool" stuff that comes in, this one individual gets, he says he just calls all the time & asks & then shows up & buys all that he can ... often leaving nothing behind which irks me ... & basically does to no end. Do not expect me to preamble that, or follow it up with an apology or the like, because I'm not. But, I suppose you cannot really put a limit, right? But maybe have some, decency on occasion to spread the wealth ... If you are going to those lengths for them, ... then you know what you have. There is even more to the story, but it is basically moot, ... until I move down here in a couple of/few months, I will have to see what I am capable of. ;)

Eh, ... whoops!! That was a higher soapbox than usual for me.

Start building that relationship with the Vault staff Zeke and then you can be on the list for the good stuff too!

It's a difficult one - did I need the carbon/BIP Juliets I bought from the Gunwharf Vault last month? Not really.

Could I guarantee that the next buyer along would value them as much as me, rather than wear them a couple of times before flogging them on eBay? Not at all.

So I bought them. All a matter of timing and luck. In June, they had two Juliets and a Half-X in and I missed all those. I would have left the Half-X for someone else but, chances are, I would have bought both Juliets.

I didn't think they still got x metals at vaults.that's why I never journey to one since I'm trying to collect my zero's. I wonder what they chargeed for x metal?

Start building that relationship with the Vault staff Zeke and then you can be on the list for the good stuff too!

It's a difficult one - did I need the carbon/BIP Juliets I bought from the Gunwharf Vault last month? Not really.

Could I guarantee that the next buyer along would value them as much as me, rather than wear them a couple of times before flogging them on eBay? Not at all.

So I bought them. All a matter of timing and luck. In June, they had two Juliets and a Half-X in and I missed all those. I would have left the Half-X for someone else but, chances are, I would have bought both Juliets.

Ah good old Gunwharf, what I like to call the secret Oakley stash here in the UK.

Latest Posts

Back