• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Visiting Oakley One Icon and Museum 2021

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So, this coming weekend I’ll be in LA and since I’ve never been able to visit HQ, I wanted to try and go this time. But I have a few concerns that hopefully, you fine Oakley connoisseurs, will be able to help with:

1. Is it open? Google says no due to covid, but it has been over a year since this has been going on, so does anyone have any other info?
2. Even if the store or museum are not open, can anyone just drive to the fron and take some pics? I want to avoid driving to the other side of LA to be greeted by a gate and have no decent photos of the place
3. I can only visit Saturday since I’m leaving to San Jose Sunday morning. What would be the best time to go (trying to avoid rush hour and such)

Thanks to all in advance for any info you can provide :)

Hope you get a response from a member who lives nearby to confirm if it's still open or not.

I used to live in SoCal and visited that place often, I remember there's no gate to get in, so you should be good to at least take pictures. There's always traffic around LA, so it doesn't really matter what time you go, maybe just have a back up plan (i.e. go to the beach) in case the place is closed.

According to this it’s still closed to the public. I haven’t ventured over that way in a while, so maybe someone who lives real close can confirm. I hope Covid doesn’t become an excuse to close this down permanently to the public. —You can however still drive up there and see all the stuff outside, like the tank and old robot shop front. You just can’t go inside.

E90FD68D-52E6-46F1-91FA-BD9292352C16.jpeg

Thanks to both, I know LAs traffic sucks and since I’ll be staying nesr Sant Monica I really want to avoid going all the way to Foothill Ranch not being even able to see the Icon Building. If no answer comes up I’ll think through the week what would be the best option

Thanks to both, I know LAs traffic sucks and since I’ll be staying nesr Sant Monica I really want to avoid going all the way to Foothill Ranch not being even able to see the Icon Building. If no answer comes up I’ll think through the week what would be the best option
Have you tried calling?

You’ve got about a 2 hour window of decent traffic. Go between 10-am and 12noon. It’s not too bad during this time. Before or after that time sucks big time.

Latest Posts

Back