• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Lenses.......

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
I'm sure everyone here knows about these....well I ordered 2 pair and I am surprisingly happy with what I received. I ordered Polarized Violet for my Plasma Frames and Dark Ruby for my X Metal Juliet frames....The way they arrived was a nice surprise. Each lens in a foam sleeve inside a microbag. With that a T6 Torx driver was included. Not bad for $45 shipped for 2 pairs of lenses......just thought I'd share.....
photo16-2.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

Both Juliet frames are headed out west soon for a tuneup at HQ....as soon as they return I will post pics complete with lenses. Hope to get DG Mods gaskets soon as well....undecided on stem rubber....thinking black.....but maybe shock and pads will change.....waiting for IH rubber to become available for my Plasma/Violet!

My only issue with VL that keeps me buying Exovista is that all VL lenses are 18% light transmission. I have no idea why they do that...but there's no way I can wear a lens that lets in that much light...16% on standard Fire is pushing it as it is.

I think when I talked to them awhile back they said the lens transmissions were incorrect. Read this review I made that shows a picture comparison of Warm Grey and the Ice Chrome.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/2431-visionary-lenses-depth-review.html

Interesting. They should probably fix that...I mean, I have not purchased their product a number of times because of that. I'll see if I can't find out the lowdown from them and post it here. As it is now I don't need any aftermarket lenses except maybe for my Splice and wouldn't you know it VL doesn't make anything for them.

Now that I've dug into reviews and feedback I think I'm still.inclined towards Exovista. for some reason VL has a large number of neutral or negative feedbacks related to coatings peeling and blurry or distortion vision....no such pattern exists in the Exovista feedback

Latest Posts

Back