• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Volt lenses Review

ProfessorOz

Oakley Beginner
Reno, NV
I recently bought replacement lenses for my Romeo 1's. These were the first replacements I ever purchased after 13 years of owning the glasses. I definitely couldn't afford the OEM glasses made by members here, and I avoided Revant because of the reviews. I took a gamble and purchased from Voltlenses on eBay. I am writing today about my experience, because I cannot find any mention of them on this forum.

I ordered Polarized Gold lenses ($16) and received them in a couple days. The fit of the lenses was perfect, but I immediately noticed that the lenses were slightly different tints.
V604Fyk.jpg

While both lenses are gold in the center, the one on the left has a green tint and the right one has a red tint.

I notified Voltlenses and they sent me a shipping label the next day. I received a new set the next week.
j55rTBT.jpg

Again, these lenses fit just as well as the OEMs I just removed. It is a nice upgrade to have polarized lenses finally in my Romeos and to be rid of all the scratches.

I cannot attest to their durability, and will update here once they need replacing. Obviously, their quality control could be improved, because they sent out 2 different color lenses to being with. However, their customer service is excellent and shipping is fast. For $16, I'd still recommend them even with the slight hassle.

Also looks like you need to contact @Linegear Official for rubber.

You might want to have those lenses tested for quality by an optician.

@kronin323 can explain that in more detail... ;)

Naw, don't need to when I've got bookmarks... ;)

See this one:
I Am A Believer In Linegear! | Page 3 | Oakley Forum

And this one:
Custom Lens Review Thread | Page 4 | Oakley Forum

Though that 2nd link takes you to the optician test post, it's worth reading the thread from the beginning to see the difference between people's subjective opinion and what the tests really show...

Back