• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR LENS TINT- WHAT Does It Stand For ACTUALLY? Answers Here!!

That's interesting because I actually just watched a video from Oakley and the director of lens development said that VR stands for violet rust.

Violet Rust, because the base of those lenses (VR28, VR50, etc..) are a compound from each color resin; violet and rust. It was created by accident.

What I'm thinking, is that they may have created a new resin now that is called vermillion red so that they don't have to combine two different resins.

Time to add in some other VR quandries...

What all IS out there?

Blue iridium 15% (blue over VR28)
VR28 / polarized 28/16%
VR28 Black / polarized 18/10%
VR28 Blue / polarized 26/14%
VR28 Gold / polarized 17/11%

VR35 Gold 23%

VR50 50%
VR50 Black 35%
VR50 Emerald 46%
VR50 Gold 35%
VR50 Pink 36%

VR70 70%

Any others? That's just the list from O-Review

That's interesting because I actually just watched a video from Oakley and the director of lens development said that VR stands for violet rust.

Violet Rust, because the base of those lenses (VR28, VR50, etc..) are a compound from each color resin; violet and rust. It was created by accident.

What I'm thinking, is that they may have created a new resin now that is called vermillion red so that they don't have to combine two different resins.

So are we back to square one? =) violet rust or vermillion red? Or both applies?

Time to add in some other VR quandries...

What all IS out there?

Blue iridium 15% (blue over VR28)
VR28 / polarized 28/16%
VR28 Black / polarized 18/10%
VR28 Blue / polarized 26/14%
VR28 Gold / polarized 17/11%

VR35 Gold 23%

VR50 50%
VR50 Black 35%
VR50 Emerald 46%
VR50 Gold 35%
VR50 Pink 36%

VR70 70%

Any others? That's just the list from O-Review

my question then is whats the diff between the new blue iridium and vr28 blue. i thought that were the same thing.

btw, you missed out VR50 Ruby transitions, from the echelon.

and the "very rosy" term may be some medical term haha

link the video?

Back