• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 and Prizm Daily

gbear

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
STL
For those who have tried both, how does the new Daily Prizm compare to the VR28? Which has less light transmission, how do they look compared to each other, etc. Thanks in advance for any info.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both contrast lens.
I assume you're talking about VR28 Black Iridium. It is much darker. The light transmission is 10 percent I think. It is Oakley's second-darkest lens. It has a rich rosy tint.
Prizm Daily will give you incredible visual acuity. It is one of the best Oakley lens yet it doesn't deal with direct sunlight nearly as well as VR28 BIP.

Yeah, I REALLY like the PRIZM Daily, but it's best for somewhat overcast or pretty cloudy days. BIP is really great for bright sunshine, and the PRIZM Daily......NOT. But the Daily really is a lens that gives You a beautiful color palette, but just NOT when it's bright out.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I will be getting a Daily for those cloudy days!!

The only thing they have in common is that they are both contrast lens.
I assume you're talking about VR28 Black Iridium. It is much darker. The light transmission is 10 percent I think. It is Oakley's second-darkest lens. It has a rich rosy tint.
Prizm Daily will give you incredible visual acuity. It is one of the best Oakley lens yet it doesn't deal with direct sunlight nearly as well as VR28 BIP.

Yeah, I REALLY like the PRIZM Daily, but it's best for somewhat overcast or pretty cloudy days. BIP is really great for bright sunshine, and the PRIZM Daily......NOT. But the Daily really is a lens that gives You a beautiful color palette, but just NOT when it's bright out.

I have both lenses and I agree with the two above. In my work bag I have a pair of Prizm Daily, BIP, and VR28 BIP. I like the Prizm Daily when driving to work in the morning, when the sun is not as bright yet. BIP and VR28 BIP are both darker than the Prizm, so I use those when I drive home from work around 4:30, when the sun is pretty much at its peak.

I'd go Prizm Daily if I can only have one

Back