• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 BIP LENSES

I only wear polarized lenses and have both VR28BIP and BIP. Just started wearing the VR28BIP which (for me) give more of a brown/dark rosish color and is just a bit brighter than the BIP.

Yeah, the biggest difference is the base tint - BIP is neutral. VR28 is kinda a contrast tint, but really more of a color enhancer - it's quite pleasing. Looks very different than BIP, from the wearer's perspective.

VR28 BIP has a slightly higher light transmission rate than BIP, but much less than normal VR28's 28% - the BI & P coatings reduce VR28 BIP to 10%, next to regular BIP at 9%.

In comparison, the non-polarized versions have transmission rates of 18% for VR28 BI and 10% for regular BI.

BIP has been a long favorite of mine but I've been using VR28 BIP a few months now and I'm really liking them a lot... The contrast / color enhancement tint make them more versatile in changing light conditions.

500th post!

THE Black lenses are grey base where contrast has been taken out. Darker and less light transmission.

VR's are a brown based lens which adds contrast or the yellowish color. This adds detail to what you are looking at and they have slightly more light transmission than the blacks.

Hope that helps

thanks andrew...i just love em....but then again ...i havent seen bright sun in 6 months in this miserable god awfull state.....

florida.jpg

Personal experience and as stated above, the VR28 BIP gives more contrast. For me its the difference between being able to see my Jeeps dark gages when they are not directly exposed to the sunlight. (anytime I really need my glasses while driving into the sun) BIP just doesn't allow me to see differences between dark greys, and blacks, while something bright is already hitting me.

Ok ive had my VR28s for a month now and I just love em to death, I dont wear the xmetal /rubys or the mars or the plasma/ ice combo.......
its always the Ti02 with vr28s........maybe its a phase but the Ti02 is just awsome.