• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 Black Iridium Appear Black Or Brown?

Matth3w

Oakley Beginner
Trying to decide which to get. I'd like to go with the VR28 but only if it doesn't look brown. I was told it only looks brown in certain light. I might be using this to take to a rifle range with an ACOG scope and read that it was better for distinguishing targets

It appears brown in very few conditions when on the face...at least in my experience. A darker frame helps it look darker...but its not like you look at yourself in the mirror and go "wow that's brown". Might help to try some on in a store if that's an option for you

I might try that. I'm ordering them from the Oakley military supply website at a discount. I can try to find them in a store with the black iridium vr28

My buddy, also an Oakley fan, loves the VR28 and he has several different pair with those lenses. Personally, I HATE the VR28. In my opinion, they look brown in almost every light. You definitely should try them on and go see them in person if you're worried about a brown tint because it is there.

If you are looking for contrast, try the g30. I like it better than vr28. It was recommended to me by an ex-ranger (bn guy not just tab). He probably either had an ACOG or other high speed sight. I think g30 would be better for ranges, but has been a while since I've fired an m-4

Latest Posts

Back