• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vr28 Vs Vr28 Bi

Hoosier_83

Oakley Beginner
I got vr28s with my style switch and really like them but I look stupid in them since you can see my eyes through lens. How much darker are the bi version? What other lens compare to vr28 giving you an amber effect?

You would love VR28 Black Iridium Polarized. It's the same base tint, but it's darker and has a mirrored finish (iridium). It's absolutely one of my favorite lenses. Another top contender is OO black iridium polarized, which is also a contrast lens, but has more of a rose colored base. It's also dark enough for bright days and mirrored so your eyes can't be seen.

This post has a pic of VR28 BIP in bright sunlight with no light leakage:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/new-polarized-lenses.26220/page-2#post-381988

And here's a post with pics comparing VR28 BIP to regular BIP:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/need-lens-help.28608/page-3#post-324249

From a viewer's perspective, the BI / BIP coating provides a mirror effect to help hide the eyes.

From the wearer's perspective, the light transmission % goes from 28% for VR28 to 18% for VR28 BI and 10% for VR28 BIP.

I think you need to not worry so much about what other people think. If the VR28 work great for you keep on keepin' on.
This is what makes Oakley what it is IMHO. It's all about gettin what you like and rockin that ishh!! Step out of the norm, quit worrying about what others think of you or what your wearing and go with it. Life is too short drink a beer and rock whatever Oaks YOU want!!!

Oh and VR28 is a great lens and VR28BI as well as BIP are awesome lenses!

I think you need to not worry so much about what other people think. If the VR28 work great for you keep on keepin' on.

This is what makes Oakley what it is IMHO. It's all about gettin what you like and rockin that ishh!! Step out of the norm, quit worrying about what others think of you or what your wearing and go with it. Life is too short drink a beer and rock whatever Oaks YOU want!!!

I dont care what people think. I dont like the way they look.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406068303.437070.jpg

I have a brown smoke flak with vr28 in some weAther conditions they r perfect if u like them hang on to them

Back