• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR28 Vs. VR28 Black Iridium

SSturm46

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, finally got my custom radars, but I feel like I got the wrong second lens. I ordered the VR28 black iridium, but I'm pretty sure I got just the VR28. I need to figure out if it really is a VR28 black iridium or just a VR28 so I know whether or not to return it. It's not a huge deal ,I like the lens, but I'd like to have what I ordered if it is in fact wrong. Please post pictures of your VR28 lenses and VR28 black iridium lenses if you have any. I will try and get a picture posted as soon as i can.

If you custom ordered through Oakley, its Iridium. Standard VR28 (which not a very common lens) is not an option when ordering a Radar and I think was only cut for a few Pitch lenses

They do make VR28 path's sold as accessory lenses, but they ensured me that they couldn't have made that mistake. They also said that the lens can't be defective. Pictures will really help me and I'll get one up as soon as i can. It seems like the iridium coating isn't right, I can see my eyes very easily

The Game is correct, the Black Iridium coating on VR28 doesn't darken the lense all that much (it does give it a somewhat mirror finish), I think it's mostly to reduce glare. If you don't want others to be able to see your eyes you need to get a lense with a darker base.

Latest Posts

Back