• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vr28

NW Oakley Fan

Oakley Beginner
Oregon
Thinking about picking up a King's Camo Radar. Can someone describe what conditions the VR28 lenses are intended to be use in? Thanks!

I respectfully disagree. Well, the Polarized VR28 Black Iridium is well suited to all conditions IMO. They are my favorite lenses.

I respectfully disagree. Well, the Polarized VR28 Black Iridium is well suited to all conditions IMO. They are my favorite lenses.

VR28 Black Irdium Polarized is a 9% (or 10%?) lens, which is about as low as Oakley goes. Standard VR28 is 28%, which can be worn in the sun, but it's better suited to days where the sun is staying behind fluffy clouds.

Some days you look outside and the sun's not out, then you walk outside and you still have to kind of squint even though it's not that bright - those are VR28 days.

VR50 can be worn indoors and is much better for low light, I think VR28 is a little dark for inside or dark/rainy days.

When buying a VR28 lens, be sure which version you're buying. VR28, VR28 black iridium, VR28 blue iridium, VR28 polarized, VR28 black iridium polarized.

VR28 Black Irdium Polarized is a 9% (or 10%?) lens, which is about as low as Oakley goes. Standard VR28 is 28%, which can be worn in the sun, but it's better suited to days where the sun is staying behind fluffy clouds.

When buying a VR28 lens, be sure which version you're buying. VR28, VR28 black iridium, VR28 blue iridium, VR28 polarized, VR28 black iridium polarized.

That's good info there!

I have VR28 Black Iridium on a pair of Flak Jackets and I really wish I had VR28 Black Iridium Polarized; VR28-BI lenses are great, but driving home when the sun is out in Southern California can be blinding at times, the glare off of some cars' windows and accents is painful. But for the SoCal June-Gloom (overcast and thick marine layer), the VR28-BI's are great!

I use the VR28 for walking through woods and what not, when the sun is blocked by trees. Gives a good contrast. I switch between Shallow Blue Iridium Polarized and VR28 Polarized for fishin...

Back