• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VR46 Question

Ryan52

Oakley Beginner
my VR46 frogskins came with a small scratch under the right eye on the frame on the inside part of the glasses. was this a common thing with the VR46's, or this it nothing to worry about? or should i take them in to get covered under warranty? i have attached a picture and am trying to take a better one, but it is difficult as the scratch really is small. im just woried about the potential of it spreading if it is something to worry about

Last edited by a moderator:
my VR46 frogskins came with a small scratch under the right eye on the frame on the inside part of the glasses. was this a common thing with the VR46's, or this it nothing to worry about? or should i take them in to get covered under warranty? i have attached a picture and am trying to take a better one, but it is difficult as the scratch really is small. im just woried about the potential of it spreading if it is something to worry about

Many polished black frames across many models show marks like swirls, lines, and light scratches and remarks to confirm this have been posted on here before. It seems this colour has consistency in this effect so the evidence it there to suggest it is part of the manufacture process, rather than the result of misuse. From what you describe I think it is not something to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah, it happens to every polished, or crystal frame. Anything that's "see through" is going to have one of those little scratches. They are from the molds.

Back