• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VW black polished Frogskin?

Madmonty12

Oakley Beginner
Pa
Hello,
I am new to this forum and need to make a few post before I can go out in the classifieds to replace a fond pair of Frogs I misplaced in a panic. I will go on statement saying I have never lost a pair in the 8-9 years of owning frogs and this and was tough. Also it has opened my eyes to the fact that I should wear a normal pair of 24-306's daily and not my beloved VW 24-306's. I am not a avid collector with boat loads of knowledge but I do know quite a bit about frogs and have a enjoyable collection of 14 not so average frogers. So with that I figure why not start a discussion in regards to the beloved pair I am seeking to replace the VW black polished with grey lens.

So I do know a few things and I have a few questions.
I know:
-They were only sold at the dealer. That is where I bought my pair. I own several VW's and love frogs so it was a why the heck not thing at time of purchase.
-They were basic 24-306's with just a simple roughly 1/4" \X/ symbol etched on the lower left lens.
-They are no longer available at the dealer.
-They were 8X.XX bucks new. I was happy paying that compared to some of the special pairs I had bought prior.

Questions:
-What are they going for today?
-How likely am I to find a pair NIB in a reasonable amount of time and at a fair price?
-How many were produced/Made? Seeing as they where basic 24-306's that were etched and boxed nothing over the top. No new Oakley number.
-How rare were/are they? I feel they are just a step above the average. Definitely no gold Berrics or anything.
-Were they sold anywhere else out side of VW dealerships? Possible out stock somewhere?
-Is there anywhere or anyone that etches lenses in this fashion. worst case scenario. Would probably never do this cause I had the idea of a copy just as bad a fake even if they were on authentic 24-306's.

My MIA VW Frogs. Last seen The Crayola Experience, Easton, Pa 18042.
Pic from day one. I dug this out of my archives of 2012
c2bd591b-541e-4b63-8b7c-af04fc2c2389_zpsylkycrig.jpg

I had a pair I bought off the VW site. No numbers on production. I traded mine to RVF last year. There was a pair on here for sale a while back for $175 along with a ton of other rare pairs. I dont believe it sold

Thanks Nortika.

Thank you as well the_owl. I got my fingers cross I can find a pair for a bit less then 175. They are unique but at 175 I would rather add a little more coin on top and add something better to the collection like some old glories. I got a little over a week till I can post up a WTB. Wish me luck and thanks again.

Thanks for the meaningful reply Mohamed. That is some good input....

I guess he must be in a rush to get his post count up for the buying and selling pages.

Latest Posts

Back