• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wanting To Pick Up Some Extra Half-X Lenses

They're so cheap, I'd get the lot! And some extra gold and VR28...

I'd go for either of those iridiums ahead of any of the others, including grey.

For me, polarized is almost must-have. And they have $80 bronze polar for $24. But unfortunately AFAIK that lens doesn't have iridium, which is almost must-have, too. But I just bought a set, anyway...:D

Too good a deal...

Yep.. I'm fairly new to the site but I've been upset at myself in the past for not picking up extra pieces to my glasses I already have so I went ahead and got 4 sets total of extra lenses. Looks like the ice iridium and titanium iridium are still on the regular site so I may wait a bit to see if those pop up on the vault and snag those as well. Next up is to find a 2nd pair of frames which I think I have a line on for sub 200. All things considered, is it a fair price? I don't believe they have polarized lenses at the moment but if the rubber pieces are ok I'll probably end up getting them too.

Yep.. I'm fairly new to the site but I've been upset at myself in the past for not picking up extra pieces to my glasses I already have so I went ahead and got 4 sets total of extra lenses. Looks like the ice iridium and titanium iridium are still on the regular site so I may wait a bit to see if those pop up on the vault and snag those as well. Next up is to find a 2nd pair of frames which I think I have a line on for sub 200. All things considered, is it a fair price? I don't believe they have polarized lenses at the moment but if the rubber pieces are ok I'll probably end up getting them too.

The problem with Half-X is they have a reputation of the spring hinges breaking. As in breaking off completely. This is the main (but not only) reason they're kinda the "orphan child" among x-metals. And in a resell market, they attract they least prices. So yeah, a set for sub-$200 is decent, but frames-only should be even less.

But many really like their look. I'm not saying to stay away - if you dig 'em, get 'em. Just be careful with the hinges...

I have two sets of Half X that I've worn about once a month for the last few years; I also have a titanium NSW frame that gets frequent wear. Both of these models have complaints online of "spring hinges breaking", but I've never had a single problem. I suspect the complaints should be worded more honestly: "The spring hinges break when I sit on them/smash them/run over them with a car..." etc...

Latest Posts

Back