• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to spot Fake Oakley Frogskins Thread - Warning! Fakes!

Quite a few models have the star, Anti-freeze for one, Rootbeer/Cyan if I remember right, and Clears. It used to be a tell tale sign they were legit, but the fakes are so good now they even have the star these days.

As fake sunglasses go, those 'Blends' don't look bad, if I paid £10 I'd be happy with my purchase, knowing they are fake.

I just checked my froggies. The anti-freeze and re-release clear have the star, the rootbeer/cyan and first release clear ones don't have a star...

I've just gone through my Frogskins and the models I have that have the star are:

Marine Fade (bought from Oakley dealer)
Antifreeze (bought from eBay but the guy sells legit stuff)
2010 Clear w/ Gold (bought from eBay but the guy sells legit stuff)
Purple/Clear Fade (bought from Oakley dealer)
Smog Tortoise (bought from Oakley dealer)
Smog Text (bought from Oakley dealer)
Re-release Clear w/ Violet (bought from Oakley dealer)

There's also this post stating the Jetty Surf Crystal Black w/ Ruby have the star but I've sold mine so can't confirm: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-frogskins-discussion/1415-crystal-black-ruby-iridium-froggies.html

It's also odd that my Smog Plaid don't have the star when the others in the series do. Not sure why some have it and some don't.

I've just gone through my Frogskins and the models I have that have the star are:

Marine Fade (bought from Oakley dealer)
Antifreeze (bought from eBay but the guy sells legit stuff)
2010 Clear w/ Gold (bought from eBay but the guy sells legit stuff)
Purple/Clear Fade (bought from Oakley dealer)
Smog Tortoise (bought from Oakley dealer)
Smog Text (bought from Oakley dealer)
Re-release Clear w/ Violet (bought from Oakley dealer)

There's also this post stating the Jetty Surf Crystal Black w/ Ruby have the star but I've sold mine so can't confirm: http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-frogskins-discussion/1415-crystal-black-ruby-iridium-froggies.html

It's also odd that my Smog Plaid don't have the star when the others in the series do. Not sure why some have it and some don't.

they used different molds? who knows. but will be curious abt the fake SWs though. any pics FrogTastic?

Back