• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WARNING: Metal Briefcase / Rep Case

FearGearGarage

OG Oakley Collector
Premium Member
A Creek in AZ
WARNING: There is a seller with a current listing on ebay with a Metal Briefcase / Rep Case ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-OAKLEY-X-Metal-Briefcase-Dealer-Rep-Only-Display-Sunglasses-Case-/330931938325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0d14a415#ht_546wt_1172 )

This case I am 99% sure is FAKE and has been replicated to look like a legit case... Further investigation of this shows another that sold a few days ago from the same area of TX and looks exactly the same as this fraud case. Apparently someone is cranking these out in TX and I wanted everyone to be warned, I compared it to mine at home and like I said im 99% sure...

Here is a real one, exactly like the two I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLEY-X-Metal-briefcase-display-Vintage-RARE-/151010271735?pt=US_Men_s_Accessories&hash=item2328e9e1f7&nma=true&si=U82RRXtvGQq9NVCmxgnoO17KUSk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_705wt_1172

Note the differences in the Branding Plate, Handle, Hinges and uncut foam among other things...
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

dr.chop

Oakley Expert
foam is a commonly replaced item. It deteriorates and crumbles over time. The handle, latches, identifier plate, and the metal portions across the upper and lower middle all wrong!!! I reviewed the info as well with FGG and he was dead nuts on about them being fake. Hell, the handle on the fakes looks like a cabinet door handle where the real Oakley case handle looks like something off an aircraft all thick and lower profile. This asshat needs a beating!!

Oakster

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
Yeah, pretty brutal. I just hope someone doesn't unknowingly buy one and sit on it for a couple months, then get told it's fake!

IUSTEVE

Oakley Expert
INDIANA
Thanks for the heads up and though I did not plan to purchase this item I did see it and was blown away that at the time someone had bid over $700 on it. Great looking out gents.