• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WARNING: Metal Briefcase / Rep Case

FearGearGarage

OG Oakley Collector
Premium Member
A Creek in AZ
WARNING: There is a seller with a current listing on ebay with a Metal Briefcase / Rep Case ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-OAKLEY-X-Metal-Briefcase-Dealer-Rep-Only-Display-Sunglasses-Case-/330931938325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0d14a415#ht_546wt_1172 )

This case I am 99% sure is FAKE and has been replicated to look like a legit case... Further investigation of this shows another that sold a few days ago from the same area of TX and looks exactly the same as this fraud case. Apparently someone is cranking these out in TX and I wanted everyone to be warned, I compared it to mine at home and like I said im 99% sure...

Here is a real one, exactly like the two I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLEY-X-Metal-briefcase-display-Vintage-RARE-/151010271735?pt=US_Men_s_Accessories&hash=item2328e9e1f7&nma=true&si=U82RRXtvGQq9NVCmxgnoO17KUSk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_705wt_1172

Note the differences in the Branding Plate, Handle, Hinges and uncut foam among other things...
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

foam is a commonly replaced item. It deteriorates and crumbles over time. The handle, latches, identifier plate, and the metal portions across the upper and lower middle all wrong!!! I reviewed the info as well with FGG and he was dead nuts on about them being fake. Hell, the handle on the fakes looks like a cabinet door handle where the real Oakley case handle looks like something off an aircraft all thick and lower profile. This asshat needs a beating!!

Yeah, pretty brutal. I just hope someone doesn't unknowingly buy one and sit on it for a couple months, then get told it's fake!

Thanks for the heads up and though I did not plan to purchase this item I did see it and was blown away that at the time someone had bid over $700 on it. Great looking out gents.

Back