• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WARNING Regarding An EBay Seller !

Everytime got my pair from eBay i always ask my wife to take video and keep say a prayer "hope my wife still love me for what i've buy"

I hear you guys. That's exactly what I'll be doing from now on with particular attention to the box itself before opening it to demonstrate no signs of tampering between the time the box is shipped and the time the "tape starts rolling".

We all know buying from ebay can be fraught with risks ,but really these risks can be mitigated with a bit of common sense ,read the listing carefully,if for instance you have a low feedback seller punting what he describes as metal Oakley sunglasses ,you look at the photo and it is a pair of slightly blurry R1s and hes is looking for 100 bucks - buy them ,if some one is selling 3 pairs of rare Oakleys,the photos are a bit suss ,stock photos or with someone elses watermark,the descriptions are inaccurate ,wrong lens colours give it a miss, the guy knows enough to pick out top end pieces to sell but isnt smart enough to read the lense colour off the box- WHY? because he dosnt have them to look at!
Also a small amount of research would have indicated that $3300 for these 3 pairs is a fair bit over priced ,being generous I would say $1100 for the Juliets,$600 for the XX and $800 for the penny = $2500.The day I feel I have to video tape the opening of every purchase is the day I give it up,this should be fun, not an exercise in stress control.

Whilst I feel for the OP ,we all have to look after ourselves in the ebay arena - be careful out there!

Man sorry to hear this!! I have had some bad experiences with ebay and many good ones. At least you have a complaint system in place with Ebay that I think usually winds up in the buyers favor.
I have had a bad experience on this forum and there is no complaint system. Your recourse on this forum is only to leave negative feedback and "deal with it".
I hope you get your $$ back.
Allways check feedback b4 buying from anyone.

Always check the sellers "selling feedback" vs the sellers "buying feedback". I did look at his 100% all good feedback but didn't differentiate between his buying history and his selling history. Even the Paypal rep had an "aha moment" when I told him what I had realized after the sale.

Latest Posts

Back