• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Warning Sign

AngelAir

I should Work at Oakley
Cottontown TN
Just got this in. Thought it would be cool in my X-metal tower.

image.jpg

I've seen a few. I would like to add it to my collection too.

They where originally in stores around 2000 or so I believe. A guy on Facebook had 5 for sale but they are all gone now. I managed to get another member in on the deal.

A very cool piece. Perhaps it is also a real/relevant piece of Health & Safety code signage in certain areas (CA). Could that explain the limited distribution?

“No person in the course of doing business shall knowingly and intentionally expose any individual to a chemical known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity without first giving clear and reasonable warning to such individual . . . .” Health & Safety Code1 § 25249.6.

I wonder if this was Oakley's response to (mocking?) those that brought lawsuits against them for their use of chemicals, lead, etc... in products. A quick Google search lists belts, shoes, apparel, the list goes on and on. California-based at that, which neither impresses nor surprises me.

It was also nice of you to include another member in :)

Now the real - Is it going IN or ON the tower...??

A very cool piece. Perhaps it is also a real/relevant piece of Health & Safety code signage in certain areas (CA). Could that explain the limited distribution?

“No person in the course of doing business shall knowingly and intentionally expose any individual to a chemical known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity without first giving clear and reasonable warning to such individual . . . .” Health & Safety Code1 § 25249.6.

I wonder if this was Oakley's response to (mocking?) those that brought lawsuits against them for their use of chemicals, lead, etc... in products. A quick Google search lists belts, shoes, apparel, the list goes on and on. California-based at that, which neither impresses nor surprises me.

Reminds me of this post:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/joke-thread.17017/page-30#post-351093

Back