• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Was There Ever A Batch Of Mis-Cut Oakley Flak XLJ Lenses?

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
I watched a YouTube clip of a guy who claimed that some loose lenses that He bought for his Flak XLJ were Genuine Oakley. Was there ever a batch of mis-cut Oakley Flak XLJ lenses, or was this guy full of it. He sounded like he was from The Netherlands or somewhere.

It just seems impossible to me that as mechanized as Oakley must be that they could cut the wrong shape on any lenses unless a cutter broke or something. Was this guy just blowing smoke? It seems highly unlikely. These lenses were almost falling out of the frames. I saw no sign of any Oakley packaging materials on the table.

I can see that being the case to be honest.. I have had a couple of different lenses that simply don't fit.

One was a Half X and the other an XLJ.

I got a replacement XLJ without hesitation from Oakley but the Half X is from the last batch of 'proper' Ruby so a replacement is impossible :(

I have a set of Prizm Deep that have got a flaw in the lens. An optical anomaly right in field of view and they are the replacement lenses that were sent to replace the ones that wouldn't fit :confused:

I have a set of Prizm Deep that have got a flaw in the lens. An optical anomaly right in field of view and they are the replacement lenses that were sent to replace the ones that wouldn't fit :confused:
It must be somewhat common on the DWP XLJ's. The first pair that I was going to buy on eBay failed inspection when they examined them before shipping. They had a finish flaw right in the center of the iridium. I think that the plastic "viewibg" packaging that they come in are nice to be able to look through the lense while they are still sealed, but You can't really see the lense in great detail due to flaws in the packaging.

Back