• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch line possibly getting shut down (rumor)

Slow_Buffalo

Oakley Enthusiast
Take this for what it's worth, but a friend at HQ told me the watch line is done. If you want something new, you should probably grab it now.

I don't have any proof, and feel free to disregard this if you'd like. Just know that Luxottica laid off hundreds at Foothill in CA this week.

Statement:

Last month, we announced the further integration of Oakley into Luxottica, allowing the brand to better leverage on Luxottica’s strengths in everything from commercial expertise to supply chain and logistics. We see huge potential for Oakley in the future. This move, in essence a relaunch of the brand with greater resources behind it, will accelerate growth and position the brand for opportunities ahead.

As a result of the integration, some areas of the Oakley business will see an impact, primarily small pockets of the business where there is duplication of resources or projects.

Preserving Oakley’s unique DNA, which has made it an iconic leader in sports, will be a priority. Consumer-facing functions like product, manufacturing and marketing will continue to shape the brand from Foothill Ranch, CA.

Read more at http://business.transworld.net/news/luxottica-eliminates-positions-at-oakleys-na-headquarters/#ytBF2cdhl8mr9jKS.99

I guess it's possible that Oakley will still deliver new watches, but they won't be designed by Oakley staff in CA due to "duplication of resources" ?? It sounds like that team was among the layoffs.

You have good Intel Slow...... My source told me the exact same thing.
I didn't and don't want to believe it

Back