• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch line possibly getting shut down (rumor)

I am sure that some of you have confirmed from various resources that this is actually happening. I myself have confirmed with several reputable resources that the watch line is going bye bye. While Oakley has mostly been using "off-the-shelf" movements in their watches, the aesthetics and materials of each timepiece has been unique. The designers at Oakley sure have a lot of creativity. I myself have enjoyed purchasing many of the Oakley watches that I have owned over the years. I am sad to see the watch line get nixed. My wallet on the other hand will thank me. I've probably invested more in Oakley watches than I have in Oakley sunglasses. :confused:
Farewell Oakley watch line; you will be missed.

I am sure that some of you have confirmed from various resources that this is actually happening. I myself have confirmed with several reputable resources that the watch line is going bye bye. While Oakley has mostly been using "off-the-shelf" movements in their watches, the aesthetics and materials of each timepiece has been unique. The designers at Oakley sure have a lot of creativity. I myself have enjoyed purchasing many of the Oakley watches that I have owned over the years. I am sad to see the watch line get nixed. My wallet on the other hand will thank me. I've probably invested more in Oakley watches than I have in Oakley sunglasses. :confused:

I am with you 100%!! I have spent A LOT more on watches then sunglasses for sure. I am very disappointed as well that they are finished, but you never know they might come back in a few years "like Jordan wearin the 45"

I've put off grabbing a Minute Machine for years now, but thanks to my friendly store manager I'll be grabbing one at the next friends and family discount weekend. A shame that the watches are going away, they were very unique pieces and held a lot of the old-school Oakley DNA. I hope that they don't slowly eliminate the "crazy" stuff that makes Oakley what it is and keep us long time collectors in mind going forward.

You mean, like the X-Metals coming back with the New "X-Metals"? :sad:
Shades are different story.ok xmetal line was something waaaay different and special and is gone for ever.nothing will get its position.i also wanted to get an O watch my first actually but again their discontinuation makes my timing a tragedy.But lets face it there are brands out there that make breath taking watches way better and more sexy than O.it is just our love in the brand and the new era thing that makes us nostalgic.but this is my opinion....

Here in Canada its already gone bye bye...its a ******* shame. They told me they'll now be moving on to wearable electronics, whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. They already tried with the Thump, Thump 2 and that Moto Razr headset/sunglasses combo that was a flop. I wonder what else they have in mind.

I didn't want to believe this until there was an official announcement from Oakley...but it seems this is really happening! What a shame! It has always been about the bad ass designs for me that was associated with Oakley that made me love the watches. I've always encountered instances where I need to choose between my Rolex/ Paneria or my Oakley watch. More often than not...I'd choose my Oakley as it would make a bigger visual statement and a difference in a room full of Rolex and Paneria wearers. I'll miss the Oakley Watch Line...and I'll try to get my hands on as much as I can from now on.

No use crying like kids, man up and get the watch you like, i envy those who are capable of getting those sought after minute machine, hollow point and fmj.I didn't waste time and recently grab 4 models I can get my hands on, now I'm still happy regardless of the discontinuity issues and depleted budget, and any watch I can get from now on will be a bonus.

"Era of Oakley Watches Comes to an End

Oakley Team,

Since 1999, Oakley has captured the interest of timepiece enthusiasts and Oakley consumers alike with its groundbreaking watch designs. We entered tis niche market with hopes of showcasing the capabilities of Oakley Design and Engineering, and highlighting the premium nature of our brand.

We were successful in this endeavor, and we made some dammed cool **** over the years, too. Our most recognized models include the original Time Bomb, Detonator, Bullet, GMT, Full Metal Jacket, Minute Machine, Gearbox, and Time Bomb II.

But now it's time to turn our attention toward new challenges- namely wearable electronics.

Our watches category will be discontinued with no new production effective immediately. Oakley Watches will continue to be available at retail stores as inventory permits through 2015. Oakley will still support loyal watch customers through 2020 at FHR warranty and select global warranty centers. Oakley watches will continue to be available to Oakley employees at Employee Purchases as long as units are in stock.

Thank you for your continued support and innovation as we begin to make even cooler **** in the wearable electronics category moving forward."
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn4/_Natsumaru/Oakley/IMG_4515_zpsidr2fzp7.jpeg

Would be the contents of the emails sent to all the retail locations. One of the Oakley guys i go to showed this to me.

Last edited:
Back