• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch line possibly getting shut down (rumor)

taking queues from Xmetals, as soon as you cant get them anymore, the price goes up huge at first and slowly climbs after that.

It would make business sense. Clearly it costs a lot more to make a watch than a pair of glasses. Much larger profit margin on glasses and clothes.

I don't think the prices will rise on them once it is done. It will be a pain in the but to get bands for them. They are all about the bottom line.

They make a killing off of the limited runs with a high price tag. That is what is directed at collectors. They understand Oakley has a unique following like no other brand of sunglasses.

I would think the collector events will continue. It is great for social media and a easy, cheap way to get the name out there.

My 3 cents on watches. Keep making the stuff that they make, but then produce a Square O Watch program that fits with the same vibe and customer as all the Square O sunglasses. Find a way to make a pile of styles between $300-$500. Nixon makes absolute garbage watches and charges that for them. If you look at any good independent watch dealers, the sub-$500 price point is what would fit in. In my shops, if they offered a program like that, we would probably carry 40-50 watches at a time... currently we carry zero because it's just not what our average Oakley customer is looking for. It's like all they make for watches is Juliets... we could use a couple Gascans and Holbrooks!!!

I agree @Oakster .
The price point is why I never really got into collecting them. I have a few that I chanced upon for good deals, but I dont search the internet everyday for oakley watches. $1000 worth of watches or $1000 in sunglasses?, hmm

I agree on the cheaper comment. While we all love their current watches, they don't really meet what most of the Oakley customers are looking for. Lower the price point and it could help tremendously.

The Double Tap is doing really well at their price point.They didn't make enough of them and is on backorder often...

I think it is just the opposite. I bet they don't make a lot on the first run to see how it will be accepted and purchased. This way if it bombs Oakley won't be stuck with a bunch of expensive watches.
Supply and demand. I am sure in large part they have not sold a bunch of these yet. We buy them and you see them on the forum.

Just guessing!?!?!?

I agree to a point about lowering the prices but at the same time I don't want them to turn into a Nixon where they are sold all over the place and making a $100 cheap watch, then people won't know why there are $2000 Oakley watches as well.......

Latest Posts

Back