• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch line possibly getting shut down (rumor)

What gets me is wearables have a short life expectancy. Example. No one looks at an original iPhone 3G and says WOW is that the old iPhone! What they say is Oh that's the old one. Pfffff. Same thing for the Fitbit or Apple Smartwatch. As soon as the newer model comes out your current device is outdated and no longer desirable. The exact opposite is true of Oakley glasses and such. Older models are increasingly desirable. Why else would people go crazy over mint boxes and matching serial numbers? Logically speaking this is a financial decision. Why take a chance on selling one watch when you can sell hundreds of cheap heart rate step counting BS monitors that people will throw away eventually? It's the same reason they want to sell apparel. Millions of people buy t shirts. Only a small segment of the population would ever consider buying shades costing hundreds or thousands of dollars. Ask yourself this. How many of you have a t shirt in a locked aluminum, LED lighted showcase? I rest my case! More sweatshirts please! Now if I could only find my Swatch

My wife and I both have our Swatch watches from high school and we are in our 40s! She even kept the case for hers. Wonder if its worth anything?

I was going to buy a Minute Machine but decided I have enough watches; Tag Heur I've owned since 1997 and still looks and works like new, Trintec Zulu-01 GMT for my job, Samsung Galaxy Gear I rarely use, Swiss Army Officers I never wear, and the aforementioned 2 Swatches from high school. Love the look of lots of Oakley watches but would rather buy x-metals

Oakley are no longer the "Wow where did you get that" awesome brand anymore, more like "where did you get your raybands mate?" They have destroyed their power to blow your mind with watches & their X-metal ranges, their just another sports outlet now. If it's not broken and they are selling great gear quicker than they can make them, leave it alone idiots!!!!!

Oakley are no longer the "Wow where did you get that" awesome brand anymore, more like "where did you get your raybands mate?" They have destroyed their power to blow your mind with watches & their X-metal ranges, their just another sports outlet now. If it's not broken and they are selling great gear quicker than they can make them, leave it alone idiots!!!!!

You bump a 6-year old thread about a rumor (at the time) and no longer is because it already happened. Leave this thread alone ????? !!!

Also, there is no such thing as raybands.

You bump a 6-year old thread about a rumor (at the time) and no longer is because it already happened. Leave this thread alone ????? !!!

Also, there is no such thing as raybands.
:behindsofa: I was doing a bit of research on an Oakley watch I was thinking of getting for my collection & Google bumped me over to this page.
I know the watches have been discontinued for ages. Just saying that the Re-branding of Oakley hasn't really lit the touch paper has it? Plus in Italy! Sorry for any upset caused.

:behindsofa: I was doing a bit of research on an Oakley watch I was thinking of getting for my collection & Google bumped me over to this page.
I know the watches have been discontinued for ages. Just saying that the Re-branding of Oakley hasn't really lit the touch paper has it? Plus in Italy! Sorry for any upset caused.
It’s ok, we all feel the outrage once in a while lol

Back