• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch out for this Romeo R1 seller on ebay: bibethcuart08, item not as described!

Fusion_m8

Oakley Expert
I recently purchased my second set of R1s from a local seller on ebay.com.au, and it was so disappointing to say the least. The description said that there was "a little scratch on one of the lens but it does not affect the view". He even went so far as to supply fake pictures of the original Black Iridium lens which look almost perfect without damage, so I took the bait and PayPal was sent.

Oakley Romeo 1 X Metal Serialized Complete With BOX AND Collectors Coin | eBay

Upon getting the item, I inspected the original lens and it was nothing like the description, it had deep scratches that looked as if the lens had been dragged on the ground. Checkout the pictures I took below of the scratched lens.

20150213_172900_zpshkpjmhri.jpg

20150213_172558_zps3ungmpmy.jpg

20150213_172950_zpsgh3zogpv.jpg

When I contacted the seller, his response was: "In my opinion, its a light scratch that does not affect vision and there's absolutely nothing misleading about my description because it's my honest opinion."

To cut the long story short, he didn't want me to return the R1s and get a refund. He tried to ignore my messages until I got ebay involved and PayPal refunded my money.

If you see anyone on ebay selling a pair of R1's from Queensland, Australia. Make sure you ask to see photos of the original Black Iridium lens before bidding or buying. AVOID THIS GUY AT ALL COST!!!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back