• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WATCH This!

Wore my Raymond Weil today....

2012-01-09165638.jpg

I'm not a big fan of large watches, hence I don't have to worry about getting hooked on Oakley watches. I have one watch brand I would wear because they are super slim, Skagen. Here's a pic of my titanium Skagen and titanium wedding ring.

95a1e327.jpg

d3de6c81.jpg

3fbaab07.jpg

Citizen Military on a Nato band. It takes a beating and has several scratches in the crystal. But it's about 3 years old and barring a catastrophe should last another 10.

2012-01-05162620.jpg

As long as we're talking watches...
I can't stand a lot of watches people wear. No offense if you're one of these people, but what function does a watch serve when the only indicator is a diamond at 12 o'clock and 2 hands on a face of the same color? I need to track seconds and minutes from time to time, and I like day/date since we all know the work week starts to blend together pretty quickly. And I need the face and indicators to be contrasting.

I just don't prefer digital anymore. I used to have a nice Timex with a ton of features. Now my phone can do a ton more than make phone calls, so I don't need a thermometer and all that jazz.

My IDEAL watch would be; black case, black face, aviator style dials with a 5, 10, ... 55 outer ring and a 1, 2, ... 23 (that's right, full 24hour) inner ring. Tritium inserts on everything, preferably red on the second hand, yellow on the hour and minute, yellow at the 5's indicators. Size would be ~42mm, maybe as big as 45, but no smaller than 40. That Citizen is a 37 and it feels small at times, especially on my wrist. 20-22mm nylon strap with machined bars integrated into the watch body, not spring b

Something like this Luminox gets close, but hybridize it with the sleeker profile Fortis and make the inner dial smaller, outer dial bigger
Amazon.com: Luminox Men's 8802 Stainless-Steel Analog Plastic Bezel Watch: Luminox: Watches
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eCQxU2Q2j9E/TI3nQ-DVkRI/AAAAAAAAAZw/3-FVB2TbrgU/s1600/fortis24hr_1.jpg

Edit:
Found something closer!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eCQxU2Q2j...AAao/coWDnO4nCO0/s400/Shturmanskie-Arctic.jpg

Back