• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch Winder

rex360hype

I should Work at Oakley
TX
For those of you who use your TB,TB2, and/or FMJ, which winder do you use? I've been looking at Wolf but not really a fan of the price. I was thinking of something a little more affordable but works fine. Any experience with other automatics are welcome as well. I have a Tag Aquaracer which may also benefit from one. Thanks guys!

Rex

Last edited:
Yeah, the TB is not an automatic watch, it's a quartz watch that uses a rotor to charge the battery that resembles an automatic mechanical. The TB2 (and FMJ) are true automatic mechanicals with ETA movements.

So the toothbrush charger thing won't work on the TB2. You need a proper watch winder, if you want to keep it wound and don't wear it every day. There's all sorts out there in all sorts of price ranges. Cheaper ones tend to be noisier. Some high-end ones will have specific settings for various movements, but IMO that's just overkill.

Yeah, the TB is not an automatic watch, it's a quartz watch that uses a rotor to charge the battery that resembles an automatic mechanical. The TB2 (and FMJ) are true automatic mechanicals with ETA movements.

So the toothbrush charger thing won't work on the TB2. You need a proper watch winder, if you want to keep it wound and don't wear it every day. There's all sorts out there in all sorts of price ranges. Cheaper ones tend to be noisier. Some high-end ones will have specific settings for various movements, but IMO that's just overkill.
Thanks for the input! Any idea if "noisier" is really loud or something that you can ignore (especially is the price is right)?

The link frank posted, if you look in the OP of that thread, there's a link to yet another thread to a post where the various types of movements are described and how they work, i.e. quartz vs. mechanical, including automatic quartz like the TB...

Back