• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watch Winders for TB and Auto's

Just to add... this is a watch with the original capacitor I tested first. My custom is going to have the lithium version. I will test it and share the results but the watch will not be back in hand until January. I figure the winder operated at 7.5 minutes per hour and I counted 20 turns in every 2 minutes so roughly got 1680 turns a day which SHOULD be enough to maintain a charge on especially the lithium... For now test 1 (original capacitor) failed in 5 days with about a half charge.
Your numbers seem off, 10 turns a minute should be 14,400 per day

Edit: I get what you mean now, so somewhere around 1,920 revolutions per day

Last edited:
What can I say…. It plays with your head trying to count rotations for 24 hours. So it runs in 8 minute allotments with 2 of those minutes in rotation with 20 rotations in those two minutes. Still…. It isn’t enough. At least for the non lithium capacitor.

I would not get a winder from Amazon for an expensive watch! Cheap winders can magnetize parts on your watch, compounding your problem.

Wolf has a sale on winders several times a year. I tried it on my TB1 and it did not work. You need to get a variable speed winder. 900 is just too much for most watches. MYou can find a chart on most of them that tells you what to use. For example, an older Rolex is at around 600-650.

Where do you send your TB1 to have it updated?

I would not get a winder from Amazon for an expensive watch! Cheap winders can magnetize parts on your watch, compounding your problem.

Wolf has a sale on winders several times a year. I tried it on my TB1 and it did not work. You need to get a variable speed winder. 900 is just too much for most watches. MYou can find a chart on most of them that tells you what to use. For example, an older Rolex is at around 600-650.

Where do you send your TB1 to have it updated?
Good info there! Thanks! I send all my watch work to @zwc0442 otherwise known as Zach

I think I found a mid reasonable solution just short of building my own charging station with toothbrush chargers. Watch the video and tell me what you think.... I did just order one and will be giving reports on it once I start using it. Got a Double Wolf Winder for my Autos on Poshmark for about $300 and there are some Heritage doubles on sale in the internet for $350 originally $700. Still $700 on the Wolf site.

Luxury Display Dual Kinetic Automatic Watch Winder/Charger: Time Tutelary-G2-K | eBay

Hopefully this video works. I just got mine in today and first impressions is it is allot of plastic BUT it does rock the watch and I must say it is a gentle rock (which I was concerned about). So here is one solution and the only real winder I have found for kinetics. I tried my own video but heck if I know how to upload one to this forum! This one is from the company page.

My other solution is hand made from garage parts and I will debut it if it doesn't burn my house down first when I plug it in :crazypilot:

Hopefully this video works. I just got mine in today and first impressions is it is allot of plastic BUT it does rock the watch and I must say it is a gentle rock (which I was concerned about). So here is one solution and the only real winder I have found for kinetics. I tried my own video but heck if I know how to upload one to this forum! This one is from the company page.

My other solution is hand made from garage parts and I will debut it if it doesn't burn my house down first when I plug it in :crazypilot:
Any feedback on how this worked out for you?

Perfectly and now they have a tower version for the same price. You do have to set the watch in it correctly to get the rocking motion but I am a good 6 months into it and still doing it’s thing!
That is great, I might have to try one of those for my TB1