• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

The thickness caught me off guard (that's what she said?) but when I realized my planet ocean is already 19.2mm thick, and it doesn't bother me, I went for it!
The lug to lug was really important to me though, it has to be 51mm or less, a lot of 44mm and up watches have way longer lug to lugs, like the breitling chronomat for example, can't wear it the lugs just hang off the end of my wrist. 48mm on this one is gonna be fine though

19.2mm! Holy crap!

For me, my dimensions are: No more than 42mm (I prefer 36-40mm though), no more than 14mm thickness (prefer 13mm or less though), lug to lug of 49 (but prefer 48mm or less), lug width of 20mm (will make exception for 22mm if watch diameter is 42), and a tapering bracelet. It has to meet those specifications for me to consider it.

I don't really care about features like quick adjust, etc. I've had them, but found they make the clasp bulky. I personally a feel a clasp has one purpose, secure the watch. If it makes its presence known all the time then it failed to do the job a clasp should do.

Oh, I also don't like ceramic bearings on rotors. I prefer the bushing style bearing if possible. Yes, it has less longevity than ceramic or ball bearings but ball bearing rotors are so loud and ceramic bearing rotors are even louder. It makes the watch sound cheap, IMO, if you can hear the rotor banging away with each movement of the wrist.

19.2mm! Holy crap!

For me, my dimensions are: No more than 42mm (I prefer 36-40mm though), no more than 14mm thickness (prefer 13mm or less though), lug to lug of 49 (but prefer 48mm or less), lug width of 20mm (will make exception for 22mm if watch diameter is 42), and a tapering bracelet. It has to meet those specifications for me to consider it.

I don't really care about features like quick adjust, etc. I've had them, but found they make the clasp bulky. I personally a feel a clasp has one purpose, secure the watch. If it makes its presence known all the time then it failed to do the job a clasp should do.
39mm ex crown is the ideal dimension for me.

I mean, I love all sizes but it has to be at least 42mm or wear like one, and no more than 46mm maximum
lug to lug maximum 51mm
lug width 22mm preferred, 20mm acceptable if that's how it comes lol.
I have 3x 42mm watches, 2x 44mm and 1x 45.5mm

42mm Breitling SuperOcean Heritage II red gold/steel. Stickers still on, haven't set it yet..the secret here is: because it's super shiny and dressy the smaller size works best (for me at least)
F3C3D885-4E3C-49D9-9AB2-A00CF58EF081.jpeg

28668E70-0D24-4362-B876-B5CF16D525A4.jpeg

3E250D42-A724-46A1-A9D3-D575A9FC338C.jpeg

E14BE84D-E75C-4BFE-B95F-041B70CFB457.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s a pretty watch.
Yeah I was looking at my other watches and back at the Breitling and was like, uhh why is the Breitling the runt of the litter here? Breitlings should be big and bold.
In my head when ordering I was like "the Panerai is 42mm, get the 42 or the pam will look small". After trying it on a bunch and going back and forth, the pam is 42 but wears like a 44 because of it's large dial aperture, square case and huge crown guard.
Conversely the Breitling is 42 but wears like a 41. The 44 will probably wear like a 43. So interesting how a design can make a watch wear or appear larger or smaller than it's measured diameter
C1FA4198-D744-423B-9A68-C7A1C14410FE.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back