• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Watches Other Than Oakley

I was between a two tone dj41 or a steel with fluted bezel and went steel. Steel bracelets can’t stretch, and like a wise man told me when I was debating “you can be the guy with a Rolex, or the douchebag with the Rolex” in other peoples eyes, since steel is less flashy.

what do you guys think of two tones rolex sport models?
I sold my gt350 and am getting a watch but am debating between all steel and two tone steel/18k
I am a bit worried about the gold wearing down, like the crown, as it rubs into my wrist/back of hand, and the stretch of the gold band over time...but I am leaning towards it because hey, they don't make fakes with solid gold center links, so it's a definite tell, if they are solid, it's real. All steel harder to tell the fakes are so damn good these days.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance
Nick

Nothing wrong with two tone, I have a two tone submariner and had a two tone Datejust. They're perfectly durable. I would just recommend using an ultrasonic cleaner on the bracelet once a month to prevent stretch.

Crown won't wear down externally, but the threads do. It's usually replaced at service to retain water resistance.

Here you are, @Steven Goldberg These are the models they picked up. Go for boutiques only if you are going for AP, as they are AP owned and you won't have to play dealer games. You still might get wait-listed though depending on how many people want an AP RO/ROC from that boutique.

IMG_4004.jpg
IMG_4468.jpg
1605992860060.png

Nothing wrong with two tone, I have a two tone submariner and had a two tone Datejust. They're perfectly durable. I would just recommend using an ultrasonic cleaner on the bracelet once a month to prevent stretch.

Crown won't wear down externally, but the threads do. It's usually replaced at service to retain water resistance.
I wonder if the thread wear issue on the crown is enough to warrant a winder instead of manually winding up before wearing. Sometimes a week will go by between wears and I almost always have to wind up & set my pieces before getting on with the day

I wonder if the thread wear issue on the crown is enough to warrant a winder instead of manually winding up before wearing. Sometimes a week will go by between wears and I almost always have to wind up & set my pieces before getting on with the day

No, even the steel crowns wear out. You're going to have to unthread at least once a month for date and to reset the crown. Do that over 5-10 years and you'll have compromised water resistance. I wouldn't do a winder, chance to magnetize your watch and adds additional wear/tear IMO.

Latest Posts

Back