• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water In Holeshot?

Yeah, I hate that. I'm sure it's just so they can honor warranties. Like in this situation, if they did the battery swap and it leaked they would warranty it.

Nope, just that any service that involved opening the caseback or working on crown or pushers needs to have the seals replaced and/or refitted and pressure tested to offer waterproofness. The factory guarantee it ex-factory but not once someone else has worked on it.

And you can bet someone just changing a battery didn't pay much attention to seals.

As a collector of vintage watches, I have long learned to just assume that no watch is anything more than showerproof and handle them accordingly.

Nope, just that any service that involved opening the caseback or working on crown or pushers needs to have the seals replaced and/or refitted and pressure tested to offer waterproofness. The factory guarantee it ex-factory but not once someone else has worked on it.

And you can bet someone just changing a battery didn't pay much attention to seals.

As a collector of vintage watches, I have long learned to just assume that no watch is anything more than showerproof and handle them accordingly.
+1

Back