• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Jacket

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
New Blue/VR28 Iridium. Picked these up from CL today and given their age they're in pretty good shape. One lens has a slight scuff, but not very noticeable. Frames are in great shape with a couple of minor scuffs. Owner said he actually used them for water sports. Only thing missing is the microfiber bag and the nylon strap that's supposed to come with it, but i'm not too worried about those items. Gonna give Oakley CS a call and see if they might have the nylon strap somewhere. These actually fit my face very well. Can't wait to use them this summer :cool:

6843603241_565cd93592_b.jpg

6843605727_94e00e5111_b.jpg

6843608637_5660f55363_b.jpg

So are the Water and Racing Jacket frames exactly the same?

yup, just different earsock and accessories.. the waterjacket frame actually still says racing jacket on the nosebridge. the nosebomb is different (larger), lenses vented (like the pro Racing jacket) and has hydrophobic solution in a bottle, headstrap and nylon cord for water activities.
dunno if the racing jackets came in cases?

Mahalo BriP! The frame height looks pretty tall on these, do they rest on your cheeks? I tried on the Jawbones and the bottom of the frames touched my cheeks. I like fishing and surfing, so maybe these may work for me. Replacement lenses aren't easy to find though, huh?

Oh yeah, I guess without a case they'll be difficult to store, huh. Since the stems don't fold in...

I have a pair of the racing jackets that i wore in the water on a jet ski so scared i was gonna lose them. Now that I think about it I think I have a pair of old m frames with a band like that on back wonder if that will work on my racing jackets?

Mahalo BriP! The frame height looks pretty tall on these, do they rest on your cheeks? I tried on the Jawbones and the bottom of the frames touched my cheeks. I like fishing and surfing, so maybe these may work for me. Replacement lenses aren't easy to find though, huh?

Oh yeah, I guess without a case they'll be difficult to store, huh. Since the stems don't fold in...

yeah lenses are next to impossible to find haha! the frames ARE big, and do rest on my cheeks. i think it was designed this way, the frame is contoured to follow the shape of your face, probably sealing out water etc and its comfortable.. the size is similar to the jawbone but the fit is closer, and feels more comfortable. they'll probably be pretty good for surfing, but depends how hard you wipe out.. dont want to be losing them! for fishing they may be abit out there.. some flaks would suit better.. =)

and yeah, definitely need the case.. non folding arms means it stays in the case, or on your head all the time. or if you have the strap, around your neck but it bumps into things and could scratch the lens so i dont like doing that. but really a great pair for watersport..

I have a pair of the racing jackets that i wore in the water on a jet ski so scared i was gonna lose them. Now that I think about it I think I have a pair of old m frames with a band like that on back wonder if that will work on my racing jackets?

the straps for the Mframe are different to the ones for the waterjacket. the earsocks are a different shape so wont fit. try looking for a waterjacket with accessories included..

or use your Mframes! :dance3:

yeah lenses are next to impossible to find haha! the frames ARE big, and do rest on my cheeks. i think it was designed this way, the frame is contoured to follow the shape of your face, probably sealing out water etc and its comfortable.. the size is similar to the jawbone but the fit is closer, and feels more comfortable. they'll probably be pretty good for surfing, but depends how hard you wipe out.. dont want to be losing them! for fishing they may be abit out there.. some flaks would suit better.. =)

and yeah, definitely need the case.. non folding arms means it stays in the case, or on your head all the time. or if you have the strap, around your neck but it bumps into things and could scratch the lens so i dont like doing that. but really a great pair for watersport..

Yeah, that's what I thougt...damn. I'd probably use them more for shoreline fishing and wading into water about waist high, rather than surfing. I like the idea of having good coverage like these have, but if lenses are hard to find...meh. I dunno, just thinking...

Back