• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Jacket

Mahalo BriP! The frame height looks pretty tall on these, do they rest on your cheeks? I tried on the Jawbones and the bottom of the frames touched my cheeks. I like fishing and surfing, so maybe these may work for me. Replacement lenses aren't easy to find though, huh?

Oh yeah, I guess without a case they'll be difficult to store, huh. Since the stems don't fold in...

Actually when they first came out the advertisment had a surfer wearing them (I forget his name). They are perfect for surfing or jet skiing. I have a pair I have worn jet skiing and wake boarding and you can wipe out pretty hard in them and they will not come off your head.

Not very good for fishing as BriP said, there are plenty of better Oakleys for that.

Yeah, that's what I thougt...damn. I'd probably use them more for shoreline fishing and wading into water about waist high, rather than surfing. I like the idea of having good coverage like these have, but if lenses are hard to find...meh. I dunno, just thinking...

yeah.. the lenses are abit of a pain. im sure the Doc could custom cut some though? haha.. but mine are beaters anyway so im not too fussed..

Actually when they first came out the advertisment had a surfer wearing them (I forget his name). They are perfect for surfing or jet skiing. I have a pair I have worn jet skiing and wake boarding and you can wipe out pretty hard in them and they will not come off your head.

Not very good for fishing as BriP said, there are plenty of better Oakleys for that.

oh sweet! i guess i didnt know how well that strap worked.. i dont take many hard wipeouts windsurfing.. haha.

but yeah if theyre that secure thats awesome! i guess its better than anythign else out there..! (save goggles)

Nice pick up. My Jacket's didn't have a bag when I got them either. But the M-frame Pro (I think it's that on fits them) Picked one up over here in the UK for about £6.00 (just over $9.00) off a website.

For me they fit similar to the Jawbones with the larger nose pieces. Like the Jawbones, the Water Jackets sit well on my face, but will move if i smile. Not that big of a deal for me. Coverage is great and the frames themselves wrap very well around my head. The strap helps for a tighter fit.

Racing and Water Jackets are a very cool design. They are along the lines of the Jawbone. They come down a little farther on the cheek. Works great for me since I have a long face.
I am a huge fan of the Jawbone and also one of the Racing and Water Jackets.

Back