• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Water Spots On Sunglasses?

kylem

Oakley Beginner
So i just got this pair of Oakley Holbrooks! I really like them so far except i can't get these water spots or something off of them. Can't figure out what they are exactly. They are those little spots on the lenses and even some on the matte frame. I tried wiping it down with the microfiber bag damp, and also running it under warm water and lightly rubbing my finger on the lenses. HELP!

Here is a photo!
6102406052_07c02c5640_z.jpg

I'm not sure those are water spots if they don't come off.
i used some dish soap which i lightly rubbed with my fingers and most of it came off. I think it was some hair spray particles since i remember having my glasses tucked in my shirt when i put it on.

i used some dish soap which i lightly rubbed with my fingers and most of it came off. I think it was some hair spray particles since i remember having my glasses tucked in my shirt when i put it on.
I've had the same issue. First with non-polarized five squared then again with a new set of polarized lenses. I don't use hairspray and I have been very careful not to let water mist stay on lenses. Still happens and will return several days after I wash them in hand or dish soap. Very annoying!

I've had the same issue. First with non-polarized five squared then again with a new set of polarized lenses. I don't use hairspray and I have been very careful not to let water mist stay on lenses. Still happens and will return several days after I wash them in hand or dish soap. Very annoying!
10 year bump. Nice

Commercial lens cleaning solutions (including Oakley)
DO NOT use “dish soap”.
From the Oakley site:
”It is only recommended to use an Oakley Micro Bag or Oakley Lens Cleaning Kit to clean Oakley lens, do not use any other solvents, chemicals or third party cleaning kits because they have not been tested on our lenses and can possibly damage them.”
If you have unsuccessfully used dish soap to try to remove the spots and they don’t come off, your lenses are ruined, and any warranty likely void.

Back