• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wavecloud’s • Pit Boss Tron Tribute!

Or now useless smartphones... My iphone had a much more powerful auto correct when it first landed in the early days. Smart phones have got worse since the first iphone well over ten years ago.
No way, that cant be right Dave! I have never used Apple phones but the Samsung S series phones and Android seems so much better now! There are still some mistakes but I am impressed how accurate the talk to text is. But I have noticed that the swipe typing does not seem to be as accurate as my last phone. But overall I think the features of the phone and the Android software is so much better than just a few years ago.

No way, that cant be right Dave! I have never used Apple phones but the Samsung S series phones and Android seems so much better now! There are still some mistakes but I am impressed how accurate the talk to text is. But I have noticed that the swipe typing does not seem to be as accurate as my last phone. But overall I think the features of the phone and the Android software is so much better than just a few years ago.

The first iphone 3 was way better - the cut & paste feature etc just isn’t as good as it once was. I’d say actually that is true if the entire digital world. It’s messed up with algorithm bias.

I’ve been online since 1996 and since that time it was improving up until around 2011/12 when I believe Moors Law ended and the algorithms took over

I just got the swipe text feature on iPhone and I’m having trouble seeing the advantage...

I just got the swipe text feature on iPhone and I’m having trouble seeing the advantage...
Well if you arent used to it might not be your thing. Or if you are one of those people that are good with the two thumbs. I am not very good using my thumbs, I'm one of those point & pecker-er's with my index finger so the swipe is good for me. That is - until I found out about talk to text! It blows my mind to see some people typing faster with 2 thumbs than I can on a full-size keyboard! But then again its not hard to outdo 20wpm uncorrected!

Latest Posts

Back