• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WBC Ichiro Juliet's

Mickle

Oakley Expert
Australia, NSW
Hey fellow O-Lovers!

I've had a few PM's recently in regards to the purchase of a pair of WBC Ichiro's, so I thought I'd write up a little something for those interested and how I went about obtaining these.

Firstly, they came directly from Japan (which is the country of release) and the Japanese contact for the WBC Ichiro's ISN'T a collector, simply a seller. I stumbled across his online store one day while specifically searching for the WBC for a fellow forum member (Martin aka Rubyskull) as he was finding it very difficult to find them.

Everything on the website is in Japanese so it was difficult to work out what everything was about (since I don't read/speak any Japanese at all) but fortunately the seller speaks English. The seller is extremely firm on price! I tried on several occasions to get him to come down a little but to no avail. In fact, the only discount he was willing to offer was free shipping if I purchased three of them!!:blink:

The price on these, from memory, are set at around 70,000 Japanese Yen +postage (you'll need to use an international currency conversion tool to find out how much that is in your particular currency) This is by no means cheap or a bargain, but they are rare, highly sought after and completely BRAND NEW.

I can vouch for this seller tho, as I must have emailed him at least six or seven times with LOADS of questions before purchasing them, and he was very prompt and accurate with replies. The product is literally brand new (apart from the fact they've been boxed since their time of release six years ago) and boxes have only been opened to check that serial numbers on the frames matched those on the boxes. Shipping was also very fast. I received them six days, from Japan to Australia, after making payment via PayPal.

I have to admit, I was very cautious in regards to such an expensive purchase for a pair of sunglasses, especially for Martin since he was the one paying for them. So what I done was I got Martin to send the payment to my PayPal account so that I could make payment on his behalf, since it was me who was doing all corresponding with the seller, and then had the Ichiro's sent to my postal address prior to sending them over to Martin in Canada. The reason for doing this was because if something went wrong, or they turned out to be fakes, I would have simply refunded Martin myself and then proceeded with a PayPal dispute in my own time.

All in all, at the end of the day, everything went as smooth as possible. The seller was extremely professional, his communication was impeccable, shipping was fast and above all, the product was PERFECT!

So for those who PM'd me in regards to the WBC Ichiro, please rest assured in all the above information and buy with confidence.

NOTE: I don't currently have the seller's contact details but will search again for them soon and will edit this post to include them. During my last correspondence with him, he had three pairs left and all serial numbers were above #0890 (Martin was the lucky one with the low #0031 serial number as the seller gave me a choice as to which one I wanted)

IMG_0608.jpg

(Above photo of the actual pair purchased)

Thanks again to a superb member here mickle for is unbeleivable work on that case to help me out to get this pair(grail)
For many that seems crazy for one pair but each of us are collector and whey all have our own quest
You know mine since day one...get all ichiro
I don't have 500 pairs in my display but i have the pair i realy want,so for me paying 800$ for one pair is ok and it's a collector choice
And i want to thanks every members here because many try to help me out by spoting pairs on ebay,CL or contact and i appreciate this a lot
For the one are interested in one years i past from 1 pair to 10
Thanks again

Back