• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wear or not wear my X metal???

So long as you keep the box nice and protected I think you should wear the glasses everyday! They can be restored by a number of people on this forum for example my ruby one was restored from an old beater from Facebook market. But if your dead set on keeping them mint. There is a few xx for sale on the forum you can snap up and have the best of both worlds 😎
Screenshot_20190624-140514_Facebook.jpg
20191231_133111.jpg
20200207_121542.jpg

Hi! I'm new here. Proud owner of some Oakley Deadbolt, Pitbull Ducati and X metal XX. Maybe some of you guys face the same problem as I do, that is to decide to wear my XX or not. They are like new. I know the Oakley original parts are discontinued and can only get aftermarket parts wich affect the value. What use having a pair of sunglasses and keep them in the box? But I have only one life to live and I would like to wear them. Every now and then I will refurbish them like new. But they will show signs of wear wich affect the value... So on and so forth... I can't decide! (sorry for my English, I'm French)
Sell them to me!

Wear the hell out of them. If you need new rubber parts, you can still buy some OEM parts from other members or buy Linegear rubbers. There are also members who sell custom cut Oakley lenses and there are lots of good aftermarket lenses available.

Back