• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing NO temple shocks

Greatestalltime

Oakley Expert
Are there any adverse affects from not wearing any shocks? Like to the couplers?

I have some XS that are just too tight with 15’s. Feel fine with nothing. I’m not sure why. Juliet’s hammers with 15 fit me perfect and I thought they were smaller.

There isn’t a smaller OEM size than 15, BUT you can cut them in half longitudinally to make em thinner. the temple shocks prevent the metal from rubbing against itself which will cause scratching so I wouldn’t go without them.

Are there any adverse affects from not wearing any shocks? Like to the couplers?

I have some XS that are just too tight with 15’s. Feel fine with nothing. I’m not sure why. Juliet’s hammers with 15 fit me perfect and I thought they were smaller.

Did you recently have the nosebridge tuned up?

If so, by whom?

I agree, it is to prevent metal on metal contact. Get a new razor blade and slice them down until you find a thickness that fits your melon.
Later
NCH

I've sliced T shocks in half before. Works very well! If you just had them tuned they should start to loosen after a few wear sessions!

Wear it for a few days and see if you get any scratches. If you get none you are golden. If you do then send them out for a custom paint job. Then at that point you can enter the custom of the month contest and probably win an epic key chain or plastic mini bomb trophy. Good things come to those who take bold risks.
Classic win win!!!

I bought them from @SEAN WAYNE they do seem very tight. I’m not sure who tuned them and they came with Juliet 15 shocks. If that matters.

Thats your problem bro. The nose bridge is supposed to flex. The little rubber pieces inside it are called "flex couplers" for a reason. Some of the guys who do tune ups here make them too stiff and they dont flex like they are supposed to.

PM me and i will tell you who to send them to so they can have the proper flex needed.