• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Oakley Overthetop

OakleyAddicted

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi there!

I just wonder if any of you have been wearing oakley overthetop though they are already discontinued...

Do you often get reactions from passers-by when they see you wearing OTT?

I have been wearing them daily while driving but not often in public. But I tried it once on an open market and had encounter some people looking at me and heard some reactions from them... Annoying sometimes but its freakin cool though... A bit concious at first time wearing them in public but now I find them great and confident to wear anytime.

In fact, I want to wear them next time with a oakley beanie and a headphone. I wish I could wear them with a medusa, but I do not have one.

Do any of you guys wear OTT often? What has been your experience? Glad to hear from you.

Wish I could post a photo but have not taken a shot yet.

Maybe some of you have photos and it would be good to see your photos wearing OTT too.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I sold them, I only wore mine once outdoors in all the years that I owned them.

I know a lot of folks on here have a soft spot for the OTT, and I appreciate that, but I found them completely impractical and a bit disappointing. Always had to adjust them as they moved upward whenever I moved my face/cheeks in a smile or laugh etc.

Great looking design, crazy thinking, and proper innovation though. A conversation piece for sure. And a cool display piece.

But there ya go. Bought them new at a Vault in the early '00s for £60. Sold them a couple of years ago for £400 on Ebay to a gentleman in Japan.
That's my OTT experience.

Once you get them, you'll think differently. They are awkward and uncomfortable, unless you have a perfectly shaped head. They also press against your forehead with little pads to stay put, but those do better at putting pressure on your head than they do holding the glasses in place.

I plan to wear mine a couple times driving the Jeep with no doors to the beach. Should get some crooked looks as I go.

asujequg.jpg

Attachments

• asujequg.jpg
    asujequg.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 15,511
Back