• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Oakley RX frames with no RX lens but clear?

jacitno

Oakley Beginner
So I have 20/20 vision, but lately at work the glare of indoor lighting has made my vision tired and sometimes my eyes burn.
I wanted to get the oakley crosslink but just have them with a clear lens. Is there a way to just be able to purchase the rx frame with clear oakley lens? The oakley website don't even sell RX lenses online anymore? says type in your zipcode to find a doctor.

Any body have any ideas?

thanks

Did they come like that or did you buy the clear lens separate? if so was it a regular uva uvb protective lense?

So I been doing some reading and apparently people do wear eye glasses as fashion or protective to computer glare etc, I have found that they are called zero power glasses.
It reduces the glare from computers etc. I am interested in getting these custom fit for my oakley crosslink OX8030-0155 any body know where I could do this? :crazypilot:

qBan did your crosslink come with a o matter painting on the left lens? if so is it hard to peel off

All Oakley RX frames come with a sample lens but they're just a piece of clear plastic that hardly meets the criteria of 'lens'. They're provided only for eye doctors to measure and cut RX lens for your frame. You can get zero power (aka plano) lens from eye doctors but they won't offer much other than UV protection. If you want glare reduction, go with Ti Clear custom cut Oakley lenses.

Back